Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks,

I just got some new neighbors and they have ducks. My dog Moose has been trying to stand on the top of his old fort to look at them over the fence, but I'm afraid he's going to fall. So here's my progress today on adding a watchtower to his fort so he can look at the ducks. I just need to finish making the stairs from the lower deck to the tower and it'll be done. And some more bracing.. sorry if it looks a little junky, I didn't draw up any plans.

Tree Wood Sky Tableware Leisure
Plant Wood Botany Biome Leisure
Plant Wood Outdoor furniture Chair Grass

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
“So, how’d you spend your Saturday?”

…“Two words: Dog Fort.”

LMAO! That’s awesome Alex. If it’s the little things in life that matter most, that has definitely got to be one of them! I’m not sure how your neighbors will feel about it but Moose is going to love it! 😆
Lol, I don't think my neighbors have a choice.. I might paint it to make it look better. I have to give up for today and get more supplies from the dumpster at work on Monday, I need to rethink and redo my stair system. Moose was able to go up and down by himself but I need to make a larger middle step and lower it just a bit.
Wood Carnivore Building Plant Tree
Natural material Wood Wood stain Hardwood Outdoor furniture
Dog Wood Carnivore Pet supply Dog breed

·
Premium Member
4,000 Posts
Need some razor wire in there and a spot lite 😎 mini alcatraz spot tower haha . Man I have bylaw at my house before I had 5 nails in that project
Man, I think we had some people living in those for a while out where I’m at! Lol I guess there’s an upside and a downside to everything. 😂

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Okay, looking at my sloppy handy work with the dog tower has me rethinking things. I'm going to disassemble the old fort to finish the new one. I think it's going to look a lot better.

So far, I buried and cemented a 5"x5" into the ground, it's about 3' deep and the bottom 2' of that is cement. I'm doing a sort of spiral staircase now. I included a picture of my workshop.

Property Building Plant Tree Wood
Wood Asphalt Road surface Hardwood Gas
Wood Plant Gas Tree Tool

·
Neophyte
2,192 Posts
Okay, looking at my sloppy handy work with the dog tower has me rethinking things. I'm going to disassemble the old fort to finish the new one. I think it's going to look a lot better.

So far, I buried and cemented a 5"x5" into the ground, it's about 3' deep and the bottom 2' of that is cement. I'm doing a sort of spiral staircase now. I included a picture of my workshop.

View attachment 375460 View attachment 375461 View attachment 375462

That is pretty trick bud, I think the pupper will approve :)

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
That is pretty trick bud, I think the pupper will approve :)
Lol, yeah, he was pretty excited and kept jumping up the steps to get right in my face while I was working on it. I need to add a few more braces, some railings and then his favorite fake grass and it'll be done. He's just dumb enough to try to jump from the top to the ground, so railings are a must.. lol

·
Neophyte
2,192 Posts
1 - 20 of 22 Posts