Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Mojave Mo
4,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is a pictoral story of my jig education. I copied Jig-Maximus from somebody here on the forum. It was a good start to give me confidence and my hands the working room to attach a pouch.

I also copied the Jig-Minimus from here on the forum. As long as I could anchor the Yellow Paracord I became adept enough with the help of my 3rd hand (teeth) to tye a pouch to rubber.

I found Jig-Perfectus on eBay for $5.00. It gives me tying room, and is teeth free. The stretch is adjustable if needed, and is pocketable too. It is cool enough that I may copy it with an Alu-Core and some wood scales....just because. I could also make it a tad wider and add a lanyard just to make y'all jealous.

Thanks Again to The Forum for the inspiration! Mo
4faaa11e4e642799a9a60082a346e331.jpg
81fcb2b105846d81afddfc98c1380ea8.jpg
1fff1b7360438f2f474aeadfaecdb1db.jpg
1aee1ab55480ba162a1c2ae5295bce21.jpg
a02393768c260898e77026a794c04224.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,889 Posts
Very cool, my brother has one of them little ones and loves it. You might have just changed them for the pic, but I think you will find it much easier if you hold the elastic on the fold in the clamp. So fold it, clamp it, then stretch it out and clamp the pouch. Forgive me if that’s wha you already do. But by looking at your pics it doesn’t look like your using them for there full potential.

·
Mojave Mo
4,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Very cool, my brother has one of them little ones and loves it. You might have just changed them for the pic, but I think you will find it much easier if you hold the elastic on the fold in the clamp. So fold it, clamp it, then stretch it out and clamp the pouch. Forgive me if that's wha you already do. But by looking at your pics it doesn't look like your using them for there full potential.
Yes I just flopped some premade bands in there for the visual. I WAS going to add a footnote to my post so that y'all didn't think I was a sling-dumbazz.

·
Premium Member
2,889 Posts
Very cool, my brother has one of them little ones and loves it. You might have just changed them for the pic, but I think you will find it much easier if you hold the elastic on the fold in the clamp. So fold it, clamp it, then stretch it out and clamp the pouch. Forgive me if that's wha you already do. But by looking at your pics it doesn't look like your using them for there full potential.
Yes I just flopped some premade bands in there for the visual. I WAS going to add a footnote to my post so that y'all didn't think I was a sling-dumbazz.
Haha I figured as much lol. No one would have though of you as dumb Mo!! I actually tried to delete my post after I posted it, but all I could figure out to do was edit and remove it all and I didn't want to do that.

·
Mojave Mo
4,837 Posts
Haha I figured as much lol. No one would have though of you as dumb Mo!! I actually tried to delete my post after I posted it, but all I could figure out to do was edit and remove it all and I didn't want to do that.
Well then you are the only one my friend. I am a young 56 in two weeks, have lived in 4 countries (including California), am on my 3rd wife, and ate Wheaties every morning since 76' until I saw what it did to Bruce Jenner. The upside is that I have a happy dog that has just finished a year of training me to do whatever it wants me to do.

40c46d8e30c9847b23bc4857d3dd4cf9.jpg

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Could jig perfectus also be used as some sort of pocket shooter?

Jig maximus looks like part of the rigging on an 18th C British ship of the line. "Make fast the leather on the f'ward mizzen mast, and don't over-stretch the elastic, there's a gale over the bow." (I am re-reading the Hornblower series, so right now everything looks like part of a sailing vessel).

And, with visions of pitched naval battles in my addled mind, Jig minimus looks like a crude ship's surgeon's tool for tying off arteries of amputated limbs with cat-gut ligatures.

·
Mojave Mo
4,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Jig maximus looks like part of the rigging on an 18th C British ship of the line. "Make fast the leather on the f'ward mizzen mast, and don't over-stretch the elastic, there's a gale over the bow." (I am re-reading the Hornblower series, so right now everything looks like part of a sailing vessel).

And, with visions of pitched naval battles in my addled mind, Jig minimus looks like a crude ship's surgeon's tool for tying off arteries of amputated limbs with cat-gut ligatures.
Ah Blue! I love the Hornblower saga!

·
Registered
1,071 Posts

Ah Blue! I love the Hornblower saga!

Rediscovering them in my dotage. Great yarns and highly recommended. You can learn a lot about aiming by reading Forester's descriptions of shooting a naval cannon.

·
Mojave Mo
4,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Here is a pictoral story of my jig education. I copied Jig-Maximus from somebody here on the forum. It was a good start to give me confidence and my hands the working room to attach a pouch.

I also copied the Jig-Minimus from here on the forum. As long as I could anchor the Yellow Paracord I became adept enough with the help of my 3rd hand (teeth) to tye a pouch to rubber.

I found Jig-Perfectus on eBay for $5.00. It gives me tying room, and is teeth free. The stretch is adjustable if needed, and is pocketable too. It is cool enough that I may copy it with an Alu-Core and some wood scales....just because. I could also make it a tad wider and add a lanyard just to make y'all jealous.

Thanks Again to The Forum for the inspiration! Mo
4faaa11e4e642799a9a60082a346e331.jpg
81fcb2b105846d81afddfc98c1380ea8.jpg
1fff1b7360438f2f474aeadfaecdb1db.jpg
1aee1ab55480ba162a1c2ae5295bce21.jpg
a02393768c260898e77026a794c04224.jpg

Rewind. Jig-Perfectus is a Pain in the Assucus! No more screwing around for me. I dropped Fiddy on this beauty. My Mom is 75 and she still gives me a Fiddy for my birthday, mostly because she still thinks I am 13. Put on your sunglasses before you view this new banding jig. I am going to call it Jig-Amazingus!
9a882db41f68f2ac5cb16818550fc12d.jpg
8917a174d74c4d402cbc6560e9a4d7c9.jpg

1 - 9 of 9 Posts