Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Resigned
1,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok , so I just walked home from work.. On my way home I was taking shortcuts through alleyways behind peoples houses. In winnipeg , a lot of people do not have driveways, they have back alleyways..
anyways, I was walking through an alley and I heard some kind of power tool. I followed the sound to someones back alleyway garage with the door open.. Inside was an older man using a thickness planer among many other woodworking tools and materials.. We started chatting it up and I explained my new-found interest in slingshots and wood, and by the time I left, he had filled my arms and sidebag with all kinds of scrap wood. All pieces are perfect for either the entire slingshot or for a handle. I truly cannot believe the score. He gave me some birds eye maple, red oak, douglas fir and something else, i am not sure of. Most are 3/4 of an inch thick and the douglas fir is an inch and a half.
I am literally happy as a pig in sh it.
just wanted to share with everyone.
I will post pics of it later, and post progress pictures to this thread when i get to it.

·
Resigned
1,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
honestly, i just need to figure out how to laminate woods together .. I want to do something simple at first.. either just laminate a couple boards together for the slingshot, or just laminate a different wood for a palmswell.
hopefully someone will speak up and give me a play by play of what to do lol

·
Resigned
1,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
also, i bought some corkboard stuff from the store. i think its cork chipboard, pretty much.. can i use this stuff to make a handle for a slingshot? does that work?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts