Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello SlingshotForum friends!!

I present my latest two natural slingshots, carved from natural forks of maple (Acer Pseudoplatanus) and cork oak (Quercus suber).

They were made only with hand tools and finished with linseed oil and natural beeswax. The cork oak one revealed less workable wood than I expected, so I've carved a BB shooter. The maple one was made with a sort of "boardcut" feel to it, although it came from a normal tree branch. Both are to be delivered soon to a friend, as part of a trade :) Good times!!

I hope you folks like it!!

Cheers ...Q

Wood Tableware Natural material Trunk Splitting maul
Wood Trunk Line Font Artifact
Natural material Wood Trunk Bone Driftwood
Wood Trunk Font Automotive design Natural material
Wood Tree Trunk Grass Font
Wood Natural material Grass Kitchen utensil Trunk

Attachments

·
Registered
5,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Very nice work!
Many thanks for the feedback, sir!!

Cheers ...Q

Wow buddy those are amazing. That cork is absolutely stunning. Love your work!!
Thank you so much, Ibojoe!! Cork oak wood must be harvested in a matured state to attain that grain pattern. If harvested fresh, can take years to season.

Glad you've liked it!!

Cheers ...Q

Love your work Q !
Thank you so much, Treefork!! You're very kind:) Hope you're doing fine, sir.

The maple one was specially pleasurable to carve, as it is a very pliable and resilient wood.

I hope to try these ones very soon.

Best regards ...Q

Very graceful lines on your work!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Thank you so much, my friend!!!

I'm happy that you've liked them :)

Cheers ...Q

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
Perfectly done with some very smart choices.

And although contrasted by a number of characteristics (one is large, the other is smaller; one is somehow white the other is brown; one is without grains, the other has a lot of them; one is "normal" fork and the other is a bb shooter etc.) they give a feeling, somehow, that they go together very well: just put your palm over the big one - and something is missing, put your palm over the smaller and again something is missing..

Amazing!

·
Registered
5,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
A couple of beauties!
Thanks a lot for the reply, Slingdude!!

Cheers ...Q

There's those curves again, your creations are so distinctive. As always love them
Many thanks for following my work, sir!!

Your feedback is always encouraging too.

Best regards ...Q

Perfectly done with some very smart choices.

And although contrasted by a number of characteristics (one is large, the other is smaller; one is somehow white the other is brown; one is without grains, the other has a lot of them; one is "normal" fork and the other is a bb shooter etc.) they give a feeling, somehow, that they go together very well: just put your palm over the big one - and something is missing, put your palm over the smaller and again something is missing..

Amazing!
Many, many thanks for your important feedback!!

The plan was really to make two slingshots to go along well in a parcel, or being complementary of each other as you said.

They turned out to be opposite in characteristics, but that was unintended.

I guess the only feature in which they match is that are both OTT shooters.

Very glad you've liked it, my friend!!

Best regards ...Q

Man, that Quercus is pretty and then you make it even prettier!!
Thank you so much for taking a peek at my work!!

Yup, cork oak is amazing when properly matured. That wood is grainy as a 50's television set!! :D

Cheers, my friend!!!

Q

·
Registered
5,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Sweet I love Q posts fella u make nice frames
Oh sir!! You're very kind!!!

Thank you so much for your reply :)

Cheers ...Q

Super excited. Excellent work as always buddy.
Hello my friend!!!

As always, I was afraid that you didn't like it because, when I send a frame in a trade, I usually get the better end!!! :) Not telling this as false modesty but, to say the truth, I carve what I felt, depending on the fork available and the mood of choice. And that is unprofessional, compare to your work, for example. But I perceive you as a man of truth and honesty (as most of the folks here) and I know you're happy with the pictures you've seen. Hope they serve you well, not only for collection but also for practical purposes. They're different in size, the cork oak being a small one and the maple a medium one. It was a responsibility for me but I'm glad by your approval!!

Best regards

Q

Nice work as always Q
My dear sir!

Hope we meet very soon. Are you still thinking of coming here for a while??

I'll be out from 3 to 10 August but after that I'm back again in the country :)

And how's life been treating you?? Hope you're fine.

THANKS for the reply!!!

Cheers ...Q

WOW, very nice work Q, that Cork Oak grain is gorgeous ! It kind if has a twisted, or woven look to it......love it. :drool: :drool:
Yes, cork oak is amazing!!!! Not all the forks are usable and, since the tree has the thickest bark in the tree list, sometimes you get surprises :)

Many thanks for your feedback, my friend!!

Best regards ...Q

Thank you so much, Grandpa Pete!!

Cheers ...Q

·
Registered
5,118 Posts
That Maple Board cut inspired cattie looks amazing. That BB shooter isn't bad either. Both of those are works of art my friend.
Many thanks, my friend!! You're very kind :wave: It didn't turned out so bad.

Best regards ...Q

1 - 19 of 19 Posts