Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Resigned
5,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Whatever your style of shootng is, have you measured your draw lenght ? Mine is 58 inches.
What is the length of the rubber that you pull to 58"?

Have you used a chrony?
[/quote]

I have not invested in a chrony yet. I use the Tex Express Bands one for each side and they only come 10 1/2 inches in length but they surly stretch. Tex tapers them from 3/4 inch to 1/2 inch so by the time they are secured they are actually 9 inches .

·
Registered
280 Posts
[/quote]

I have not invested in a chrony yet. I use the Tex Express Bands one for each side and they only come 10 1/2 inches in length but they surly stretch. Tex tapers them from 3/4 inch to 1/2 inch so by the time they are secured they are actually 9 inches .
[/quote]

Like this:

I am comparing the Tex Express Bands to Theraband Green.

Tex makes a beautiful band set.

·
Resigned
5,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am comparing the Tex Express Bands to Theraband Green.

Tex makes a beautiful band set.
[/quote]

At what draw length will you chrony the Tex Express Bands? I only use one per side. I am curious at what draw lenghth would be the most advantageous in Feet Per Second . My shooting draw pic .

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,427 Posts
58"!?! I couldn't draw to 58" unless I held the fork between my feet.

I normally draw maybe 28"; longer into the butterfly but I don't do that regularly and would fall well short of 58".

You should see the Chinese slingshots. I bet danny'll opine, but he's around my height and probably draws a couple of feet.

·
Resigned
5,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
58"!?! I couldn't draw to 58" unless I held the fork between my feet.

I normally draw maybe 28"; longer into the butterfly but I don't do that regularly and would fall well short of 58".

You should see the Chinese slingshots. I bet danny'll opine, but he's around my height and probably draws a couple of feet.
I am not a tall individual and im more on the compact side. My point is to get all the slammin, jammin speed I can out of my shooter when I need to. The beauty of my Glove shooter is that there are no fork, finger or hand hits if your off a little and no hand slaps so I have no hesitation about realy pulling back .

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
My draw length from the fork tip to my ear is 31 inches or 79cm the tube length is 4&3/4 inches or 12cm.
79/12 = 6.58X What band, pounds, and how long do they last?That is way, way, over 250%
[/quote]
I'm not scientific it's 1745* dankung tubing, pounds = ? no idea last a very long time,I have to change one tube every now and again I use four strand fixed tubing on the Bi - Thor dankung. The same method is used on my handmade also.

·
Resigned
5,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
My draw length from the fork tip to my ear is 31 inches or 79cm the tube length is 4&3/4 inches or 12cm.
79/12 = 6.58X What band, pounds, and how long do they last?That is way, way, over 250%
[/quote]
I'm not scientific it's 1745* dankung tubing, pounds = ? no idea last a very long time,I have to change one tube every now and again I use four strand fixed tubing on the Bi - Thor dankung. The same method is used on my handmade also.
[/quote]

I think I like the Hand Made Shooter over the Bi-Thor. Very Nice work on the MDF.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.