Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
dealing with a bad elbow I am interested in differeence between the two sets, but I rfearly don't whant to open another discusssion on effectiveness of both.
What I am asking to who had experience is wich, between Gold, Silver or Black Thera folded doubled meet the force-pull needed to full draw an eight strands set 2040.
For the limited experience I have had with flats I may believe drawintg any the Thera is more confortable, more omogeneous pull, but I cannot immagine the effort.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Guten Tag Melchior, many many thanks for the info, the perfect answer at my quest. What do You think if I go for silver or black flat Thera: can I maintain some hunting capability and relief some stress to my elbow? I use to shot 10/10 self loading lead balls (nearly 9 mm diameter) wich gave me with 8 strand 2040 an axceptional flat traiectory and good speed and penetrating power. Seldom i shot some 12 mm (44cal) self moulded balls.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I'll give a tray to gold, at the moment I whent back shooting 4 strabds 1745 wich is more confortable.
I also realized that what rearly hurts my elbow is not the drawing movement but the ricocet of the fork in the hand "after" the shoot. So probabuy I am holding it too steady for the strong 2040 8 strands combo. This mae be also another reason to overwrap dankungs handles with some soft thick tape or rubbers as shown in plentyu videos. Less necessary for whoodent forks wich are naturally seld dumped. Until now I have been shooting pure dankungs and milbro. Lesson learned.
Just my two cents of wondering, but if confirmed by some of the more skilled members (or may be Jorge with his knowlege on both argoument) it may helpes some new shooters to avoid same mistake.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
thanks melchior, 4-1740 is what I am shooting at the moment. I largely agree that no top power is rearly needed for enjoing catapults, but i confess I am now damned "addict" to the straight fly of a bullet (9mm lead) given by 8 set of 2040. It menas I need a period of detoxing
. Btw did any one realized an open loop (like dankungs) with a metal rod fork? I wonder if it mae work or if flats whont ship in the correc position under drow like instead tubing does?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.