Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pseudo tapered tubes, Warrior pouch, 3/8 steel shot (faux antiqued w/ forced patina, wood ash and Rustoleum coating), paracord wrap, jute wrist sling, skull beads, and Ceylon tea ammo crate.

Accurate and fun.

(Faux) Ammo so rare that it is shipped in a small tea crate from Andrapradesh, India.

Photograph Green Blue Purple Art

Attachments

·
Registered
591 Posts
Pseudo tapered tubes, Warrior pouch, 3/8 steel shot (faux antiqued w/ forced patina, wood ash and Rustoleum coating), paracord wrap, jute wrist sling, skull beads, and Ceylon tea ammo crate.

Accurate and fun.

(Faux) Ammo so rare that it is shipped in a small tea crate from Andrapradesh, India.

attachicon.gif
Torque 01 20 2019.jpg
LOL!!!! I love the faux antique ammo and the box . . . and the bling of the rest.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I pity the faux that mess with Blue Raja.

That is a tight wrap, friend. Is that a spider weave?
Now all they need is a Fork. Then will remind me of Mystery Men.

But good looking catty. Does the ammo shoot well Blue Raja? (mainly stay true, not fly all over during longer distances)
Well Dogcatchersito - we certainly weren't expecting to see you again so.... spoon!

Mako Pat was kind enough to include an official Blue Raja fork in a give-away that I was lucky enough to win. Of course, Dr. Heller grabbed it before I could even try it and made a prototype spork (or possibly a froon, really depends on which end is up when you throw it). I was somewhat upset, because Mako Pat's fork was so nicely balanced and had some rather elegant scrollwork. But, Dr. Heller's spork (froon?) shows a lot of potential.

As for my infamous faux antiqued ammo, I find that it shoots true. However, I mostly use it in the basement at short distances. The bounce outs seem more controllable than the shiny ammo. At this point, most the the wood ash and Rustoleum has worn off, leaving a lovely patina. In the future, I will simply force the patina with mustard and water, and skip spraying with Rustoleum and rolling them about in wood ash.

·
Registered
662 Posts
I pity the faux that mess with Blue Raja.

That is a tight wrap, friend. Is that a spider weave?
Now all they need is a Fork. Then will remind me of Mystery Men.

But good looking catty. Does the ammo shoot well Blue Raja? (mainly stay true, not fly all over during longer distances)
Well Dogcatchersito - we certainly weren't expecting to see you again so.... spoon!

Mako Pat was kind enough to include an official Blue Raja fork in a give-away that I was lucky enough to win. Of course, Dr. Heller grabbed it before I could even try it and made a prototype spork (or possibly a froon, really depends on which end is up when you throw it). I was somewhat upset, because Mako Pat's fork was so nicely balanced and had some rather elegant scrollwork. But, Dr. Heller's spork (froon?) shows a lot of potential.

As for my infamous faux antiqued ammo, I find that it shoots true. However, I mostly use it in the basement at short distances. The bounce outs seem more controllable than the shiny ammo. At this point, most the the wood ash and Rustoleum has worn off, leaving a lovely patina. In the future, I will simply force the patina with mustard and water, and skip spraying with Rustoleum and rolling them about in wood ash.
Best response in the history of everything. Someone who enjoyed the Movie as much as I did. I got every reference. lolz I'm over here dying.

If you use Salt + Vineger + Mustard will take the shine off and give it some coarse feel. as well as should give it that Patina.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Mystery Men is a classic! Fantastic cast, great satire. We have often wondered if it is long form improv.

I will try the salt, vinegar, mustard - if I don't like what it does to steel shot, I can spread it on my fish and chips!

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Just some vinegar and water will produce a nice patina. I've tried it personally, but I discovered that I prefer my steel shiny....

·
Grandpa Pete
1,419 Posts
When the the morning star appears in the eastern sky before the moon drops behind the mountains, ammo made from the dung of the one eyed moose will always fly true to center of it's intended target.
Sounds like something The Ancient One taught Dr. Strange. I thought he used yak dung for ammo.
Nine is the Colorado version of the story.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts