Slingshots Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Since there seems to be interest in slingbows next year at the ECST we will set up a short course with 3D archery targets.This will be a fun course and WILL NOT count in your tournament score because not everyone shoots slingbows.If you want you can shoot your recurve,longbow,or selfbow,NO compounds.Fellow forum members please let me know what you think of this idea?

·
No other shooting sport compares.
6,460 Posts
Can I shoot the course once with my recurve and once for fun with my slingshot (not slingbow)?

·
Premium Member
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There will be a 30 target,"steel Targets"for slingshots and a short course for arrows.The arrow targets are the clubs 3D archery targets only arrows will be shot at these targets no slingshot ammo.The pellets will get imbedded in the 3D targets.If you hit a pellet with an arrow you can break an arrow.We had this happen before.Once you shoot the slingshot cource for score you can go back and shoot it as much as you want.You can shoot the 3D archery targets as much as you want with arrows.The archery targets are for fun they do not count for score in the slingshot tournament.You do not have to enter the tournament if you do not want to.You can come and shoot all the targets as much as you want.It will cost less to shoot for fun than to shoot in the tournament.Prices are not set at this time.
Jay

·
Premium Member
3,465 Posts
Maybe I'll drop the family off in NYC, USA and catch a domestic. What's the best way to get there by rail, coach or air? Or is Alverton one of those places like California where you need a car to get about so it pays to drive down?

·
Premium Member
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ZDP
You can get to Pittsburgh by train,bus,or plane Then I would rent a car.Alverton is a small village and the club in on the outskirts.It would be better to have a car. Motels and restaurants are about 6 or 8 miles from club.I will give you directions when the time comes.I hope you can make it I would like to meet you.
Jay

·
6,460 Posts
I have to decide which slingshot to practice with the most to win this thing. I am most accurate with my trumark. I think I will shoot that one. All the flat banders will make fun of me.

·
Premium Member
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Recurvemaster
You can shoot any kind of hand held slingshot with the ammo of your choice.We supply steel in several sizes.Only restrictions no hold back devices,no mechanical releases,no laser sights.We are trying to keep it simple.You can use a sight ,sighting system,or instinctive.People shoot all kind of slingshots.I'm sure no one will laugh at you.There are other tube shooters.Some shooters shoot several different slingshots.You don't have to stick to one kind.Shoot your best.I'm sure everyone will enjoy the competition.

·
6,460 Posts
Can anyone point out the motels around the area so I can plan pricing?

·
Premium Member
1,714 Posts
Can anyone point out the motels around the area so I can plan pricing?
Google New Stanton PA Hotels

From there you take 119 to 981 to get back to the tourny, which is off of Eh Sportsman Rd. It's around a 5 minute drive if I remember correctly. I'm sure Jay will chime in.

·
Premium Member
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
RecurveMaster
Gary and most of the guys stay at the Holiday Inn Express in Mt.Pleasant.PM Gary for more info,or Tom"Bunny Buster".There are some free camping hook ups at the club.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Please record some videos of the shootings like what those Chinese did in China competitions.

·
Registered
101 Posts
hmm i need to know of something else in the same area thats really cool and fun. my girl and i have our anniversary at that same time so ill need something to make it look like we arent just going up there for a slingshot event so she doesnt strangle me with my slingshot bands. if yall think of something let me know because i would love to make it.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Jay, I hope some of us newbies can view the goings on, and get to meet the good guys,too !! Will there be slingbows available for novices to test out and/or vendors to steer us into proper equipment?

I was thinking ,maybe some of us in the Pittsburgh area could help out the guys with shuttle services, etc to help everyone get around.

Delaney, Lots of stuff in this area to offer for an anniversary trip. Not too far from the venue is the famous amusement park, Kennywood, as well as the closer to venue Idlewood. Pittsburgh has the famous Phipps conservatory, and there's the restaurants.inclines,spectacular views of the 3rivers, etc, etc

·
Premium Member
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
John
If you don't want to shoot in the tournament you can shoot for fun.
There is going to be a short 3D archery course for slingbows,recurves,and longbows.I'm sure there will be some around for you to try.
Thank you for your offer of help.If new guys don't want to shoot at all they can hang out and watch.
And yes there will be several venders there.

·
Premium Member
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Jorg
Bring some of your master pieces.I hope you don't get arrested for trasporting weapons of mass distruction.They were a big hit last year.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts