Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
aka. bunnybuster
1,622 Posts
Well,
just in time for Easter!
I made these for a couple customers.
They both are laminates of red oak,white oak,and yellowheart on the sides .
One is a pocket shooter and the S-9 has a custom handle on it I made for Thwuup (Keith) on this forum.
The first 5 layer laminates I have attempted. Indestructable!
Tom

·
Premium Member
2,177 Posts
All your slingshots have a very nice finish to them, good work as always, wish i could afford to buy some of the slingshots off this site, but the credit crunch has hit, and fuel to run my car has gone though the sky, so maybe one day, jeff

·
Brotherhood Of The Slingshot Nutz
2,153 Posts
Hey Tom do you use clamps or do you vacuum press the wood to glue it? Those are very nice. I'm proud to own a couple of your slingshots.

·
aka. bunnybuster
1,622 Posts
Hey Tom do you use clamps or do you vacuum press the wood to glue it? Those are very nice. I'm proud to own a couple of your slingshots.
Smitty
I use clamps and a vise.
when doing up a multi laminate, I only glue up two boards at a time,let dry, and glue another board.
It takes some time for sure, but worth the effort. I am using titebond woodworkers glue. The stuff is invisible when
sanded and takes stain and laquer excellent. Normally though, I dont stain anything unless requested, as I like the natural colors of the various wood.
After all boards are glued up...I wait a minimum of 24 hrs. before carving forks.
Soon to have some beautiful manzanita wood from the high sierras of california! Wait till you see this stuff

Also I will be getting some natural manzanita forks yay! persistance prevails

Tom
aka. bunnybuster

·
Brotherhood Of The Slingshot Nutz
2,153 Posts
Tom, you are turning slingshots into art with a function! Can't wait to see the new wood slingshots. Sure would like to go to the tournament and meet you and the others. Maybe I can go next year...God willing!

·
"Southern Flip Style"
2,647 Posts
Nice Job Tom!!!! Looks like you've been shooting the bent rod/wood handle

1 - 9 of 9 Posts