Slingshots Forum banner
21 - 40 of 63 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Something close to that. Although, if you鈥檙e a newer shooter like Alex is you鈥檇 have no idea.
Lol, I figured it out by accident trying to make a totally different design.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
How's that like he said he looked around 馃馃幆 I'm only pointing out they have been around for a while. If you type can hanger in the search it shows you theses being used from 2011.
I did type in can hanger, but the posts about actual "can hanger(s)" seemed to be pretty sparse. Aside from the first few, the results were mostly focused on a post/title containing either the word "can" or "hanger". I didn't see anything similar to my design, but I also didn't relentlessly scour the forum. I included in my post the possibility that someone else may have figured out something similar and if not, that I hoped my idea was helpful.

I'm sorry if anyone mistook my idea and post as trying to steal someone else's work or idea, I can assure you that I came by the idea honestly.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
How's that like he said he looked around 馃馃幆 I'm only pointing out they have been around for a while. If you type can hanger in the search it shows you theses being used from 2011.
Would you be willing to share a link to that post? If anything it might be a better design and it might give more people an opportunity to see it! If it works better than mine I'd love to make one! The easier the better!

Reactions: skarrd

Premium Member
Love me some slingshots.
I did type in can hanger, but the posts about actual "can hanger(s)" seemed to be pretty sparse. Aside from the first few, the results were mostly focused on a post/title containing either the word "can" or "hanger". I didn't see anything similar to my design, but I also didn't relentlessly scour the forum. I included in my post the possibility that someone else may have figured out something similar and if not, that I hoped my idea was helpful.

I'm sorry if anyone mistook my idea and post as trying to steal someone else's work or idea, I can assure you that I came by the idea honestly.
Please don't ever in your life again apologize for being creative

Premium Member
Love me some slingshots.
Ok, no promises.. lol
I'm serious Alex! I don't know how long you've been doing this and I could care less all I know is your very skilled at what you do so keep doing what you do and let everything else be. As far as anyone is concerned hardly anything in the slingshot world has been patented so by all means do whatever the hell you want regardless of what anyone says.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
I'm serious Alex! I don't know how long you've been doing this and I could care less all I know is your very skilled at what you do so keep doing what you do and let everything else be. As far as anyone is concerned hardly anything in the slingshot world has been patented so by all means do whatever the hell you want regardless of what anyone says.
Lol, I built my first sling on May 14th, 2022. So, not very long. All I've done before that is shoot a wrist rockets when I was young and look at Really beautiful slings on Pinterest.

That being said, and I don't know how I missed it, but I think I found the post, and here it is! @you'llshootyereyeout

It is a very similar design, and I encourage everyone to check it out! I'm gonna try to make one tonight!

Premium Member
True enough. Were you a woodworker before making slingshots, Alex?

Premium Member
Love me some slingshots.
Lol, I built my first sling on May 14th, 2022. So, not very long. All I've done before that is shoot a wrist rockets when I was young and look at Really beautiful slings on Pinterest.

That being said, and I don't know how I missed it, but I think I found the post, and here it is! @you'llshootyereyeout

It is a very similar design, and I encourage everyone to check it out! I'm gonna try to make one tonight!
That's nothing like the one you made other than the fact that it holds a can. All I'm saying is to keep creating!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
A little bit. I've made a bed frame, kitchen island, coffee table and other furniture.. my wife or i will draw up a design and I'll make some rough measurements and slap something together, I do try to make it look nice. I always have lots of scrap wood just waiting to be turned into something.

I've also had fun making bird houses and a dog fort and cart. I made a "wine box" violin..

I spent 4 years repairing a wide variety of musical instruments I specialized in free reed aerophones, violin/viola/cello, harps and more obscure things my coworkers didn't want to deal with. One of my all time favorite repairs was a late 19th century child's piano. The guts were a unique system of hammers and a glockenspiel, basically everything but the glockenspiel was rotted. So I had the luxury of remaking all of the hammers and their system by hand! It was really fun.

My dad built most of the furniture in my house growing up, but I was too young to do much more than watch. I can't make anything like he can.

Dog Dog breed Working animal Carnivore Pet supply
Plant Wood Grass Landscape Soil

Laundry room Table Textile Interior design Washing machine

Plant Sky Tree Wood Building

Plant Tree Waste container Wood Twig

Furniture Chair Table Wood Plant
Tie Toy Hat Wood Metal

Musical instrument Guitar Wood Guitar accessory String instrument

Musical instrument Guitar accessory Wood String instrument String instrument accessory

Premium Member
Love me some slingshots.
A little bit. I've made a bed frame, kitchen island, coffee table and other furniture.. my wife or i will draw up a design and I'll make some rough measurements and slap something together, I do try to make it look nice. I always have lots of scrap wood just waiting to be turned into something.

I've also had fun making bird houses and a dog fort and cart. I made a "wine box" violin..

I spent 4 years repairing a wide variety of musical instruments I specialized in free reed aerophones, violin/viola/cello, harps and more obscure things my coworkers didn't want to deal with. One of my all time favorite repairs was a late 19th century child's piano. The guts were a unique system of hammers and a glockenspiel, basically everything but the glockenspiel was rotted. So I had the luxury of remaking all of the hammers and their system by hand! It was really fun.

My dad built most of the furniture in my house growing up, but I was too young to do much more than watch. I can't make anything like he can.

View attachment 372512 View attachment 372515
View attachment 372517
View attachment 372514
View attachment 372516
View attachment 372513 View attachment 372519
View attachment 372518
View attachment 372520
All this tells me is you're more than qualified to do whatever you want to do in your life! Just doing what you have mentioned here is more than most will do in a lifetime! I myself am very similar I have restored coffee tables built numerous bird houses built a 12-in Newtonian reflector 馃敪. I fix all the issues that go wrong with my vehicles try to stay away from the doctor and repair my own health. Basically anything that I want to do I can do if I put my mind to it and I'm sure you're the same from the looks of it!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
All this tells me is you're more than qualified to do whatever you want to do in your life! Just doing what you have mentioned here is more than most will do in a lifetime! I myself am very similar I have restored coffee tables built numerous bird houses built a 12-in Newtonian reflector 馃敪. I fix all the issues that go wrong with my vehicles try to stay away from the doctor and repair my own health. Basically anything that I want to do I can do if I put my mind to it and I'm sure you're the same from the looks of it!
Pretty much, except I'll usually try to get my friend to help with my car. I can see and fix some pretty complicated things when it comes to instruments but I loathe having to fix any part of my vehicle, mostly because I have 0 interest in it.. I would go absolutely nuts over a motorized bicycle though! Because that seems like fun again. Lol

Premium Member
Love me some slingshots.
Pretty much, except I'll usually try to get my friend to help with my car. I can see and fix some pretty complicated things when it comes to instruments but I loathe having to fix any part of my vehicle, mostly because I have 0 interest in it.. I would go absolutely nuts over a motorized bicycle though! Because that seems like fun again. Lol
Man if it shows up at my doorstep I'm accepting it with arms wide Open like Creed does lmao 馃ぃ

Premium Member

View attachment 372512 View attachment 372515
View attachment 372517
View attachment 372514
View attachment 372516
View attachment 372513 View attachment 372519
View attachment 372518
View attachment 372520
Brilliant stuff! I really like that tin roof one. I asked a girl on a date one time if she had any hobbies and she laughed at me. I knew right then that we probably weren鈥檛 going to go very far 馃槀.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Brilliant stuff! I really like that tin roof one. I asked a girl on a date one time if she had any hobbies and she laughed at me. I knew right then that we probably weren鈥檛 going to go very far 馃槀.
Lol, I got incredibly lucky. I came back to my old job from being homeless for three months and met my wife working there. We're both into crafting and camping. We work together and everything.

21 - 40 of 63 Posts