Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1,537 Posts
Love this mod and have a frame begging for it. However I need to pick you guys's brains, is propane going to get the metal hot enough? How about mapp gas? those are my current choices and I need to know if either will work or do I need to think about something hotter? Thanks everyone :)
Here is my rookie experience so far. I burned through the material of a F-16 with a propane torch some time ago before I discovered that cold bending that (cheap?) material was difficult but doable. At the time I made these two matchstick 'forks' using a quality stainless steel bolt and the same propane torch. I had to go RedHot and still had to wrestle the heck out of them to get this shape. Now I am waiting on the slingmuse to show me how I am going to work them onto a shootable frame. Initially I was thinking an 'Italian Style' target shooter but I am on the fence with that idea. I see many successful 'ring shooters' here on the forum but asthetically they don't work for me. I worked hard enough on these little suckers that I don't want to mess them up or waste the effort!
9825bf22d51537c804de490b98035d54.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Mo, I am intrigued by these and wonder about how they would be mounted? Horizontal, vertical or coming back toward the shooter like the prongs on a F-16?

· Registered
1,537 Posts
Love this mod and have a frame begging for it. However I need to pick you guys's brains, is propane going to get the metal hot enough? How about mapp gas? those are my current choices and I need to know if either will work or do I need to think about something hotter? Thanks everyone :)
Here is my rookie experience so far. I burned through the material of a F-16 with a propane torch some time ago before I discovered that cold bending that (cheap?) material was difficult but doable. At the time I made these two matchstick 'forks' using a quality stainless steel bolt and the same propane torch. I had to go RedHot and still had to wrestle the heck out of them to get this shape. Now I am waiting on the slingmuse to show me how I am going to work them onto a shootable frame. Initially I was thinking an 'Italian Style' target shooter but I am on the fence with that idea. I see many successful 'ring shooters' here on the forum but asthetically they don't work for me. I worked hard enough on these little suckers that I don't want to mess them up or waste the effort!
9825bf22d51537c804de490b98035d54.jpg

Mo, I am intrigued by these and wonder about how they would be mounted? Horizontal, vertical or coming back toward the shooter like the prongs on a F-16?
Good question Gramps. I am thinking OTT first, TTF second if it just happens that way. Straight back like my GG-F16 wouldn't make sense unless all else fails and the SlingGods guide me as such. I've left the threads in place so I can utilize them as a 'bolt in place' or to seat well into an epoxied hole.

Mo, I was thinking of looped tubes when I mentioned straight back toward the shooter.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.