Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i had this cock eating sweetcorn out of my hand when i was doing a 3 days session carp fishing locally near were im from, just think how easy it would ov been if i had my catty, no i couldnt that would of been wrong ha ha ha ha ha

Attachments

·
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
1,414 Posts
i had this cock eating sweetcorn out of my hand when i was doing a 3 days session carp fishing locally near were im from, just think how easy it would ov been if i had my catty, no i couldnt that would of been wrong ha ha ha ha ha
Sweetcorn is one of my favourite baits for carp, you can hook it, hair rig it, spod it and... even eat it yourself!
What did you catch mate?

That's a beautiful bird...

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
nothing that day sam i only did a short session and it was f**king freezing to. and jeff could u tell me a bit more about peggind the sweetcorn e.g how it works mate ta mac

·
1,414 Posts
nothing that day sam i only did a short session and it was f**king freezing to. and jeff could u tell me a bit more about peggind the sweetcorn e.g how it works mate ta mac
Oh I assumed you were fishing for F1s (Hybrids of Crucian and Common Carp) because they can't breed they feed all throughout the year, otherwise you may as well fish for predators!

·
Resigned
2,845 Posts
I never knew that F1 carp could not breed and fed all year. thanks for the info. i did go maggot bashin last Wednesday afternoon from 1pm till 3.30pm had 2 roach 2 skimmers 2 perch 2 slipped the hook and missed about 5 bites. no fish was bigger than my hand. took the Milbro Proshot Alloy Joker with me to, will need more ammo now..... mods feel free to move this post to a more suitable thread...........................

·
1,414 Posts
I never knew that F1 carp could not breed and fed all year. thanks for the info. i did go maggot bashin last Wednesday afternoon from 1pm till 3.30pm had 2 roach 2 skimmers 2 perch 2 slipped the hook and missed about 5 bites. no fish was bigger than my hand. took the Milbro Proshot Alloy Joker with me to, will need more ammo now..... mods feel free to move this post to a more suitable thread...........................
I've been fishing for over 4 year snow and I still haven't netted a Perch! I want one dammit!

BTW hybrids of any kind can't breed, they have defective gametes. They call them F1 carp because they're the first generation, they only cross breed them once. To be honest I'm opposed to the practice myself, I won't name any names but I've fished at some of England's most renowned commercial fisheries and frankly I don't think they could give less of a **** about their fish.

Like every fisherman I enjoy bagging up on a day, but not to the detriment of the fish's welfare - unfortunately bloated, floating doubles are not a rare sight at most of our heavily overstocked commercial fisheries...

·
Resigned
2,845 Posts
what u mean you've never had a perch ????? the'll eat almost anything, almost all the time lol. is you a dedicated Carp / big fish man ?... iv been fishing for around the 30 year mark ish, Carp fishin and commercials where not popular back then and the Perch was one of the first fish all new fishermen caught. Perch disease did destroy their population but they are abundant again now..... tell you what i havent caught for YEARS and thats an eel. They used to be a pain in the ... if you tried fishing maggot on the bottom. Now you just dont see em. Put years in capitals because it has been years since iv caught an eel.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
a pirch was 1 of the first fish i caught theres **** loads of them about and eels i took my misses with me on a river not to far from me and on the way up i was telling her i have never caught an eel i lost a big 1 when i was a kid, anyway i was telling her and then we started fishing i had a couple of chub then she pulled out a 2 pound eel gutted she thinks shes ace nw ha

·
Resigned
2,845 Posts
ha ha, thats a nice eel though man. we mostly caught little "boot lace" eels, upto about a pound. ya couldnt keep em off maggots. my old man would go straight to bread or corn as soon as he caught an eel, he really didnt like em ha ha.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.