Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Mojave Mo
4,840 Posts
Alright, I'm just kidding. However I did talk my wife and daughter #2 in joining me on hunt to my newly discovered Black Walnut Gold Mine!! Thanks to ongoing support of the one-and-only Treeman he helped me zero in on to what I stumbled onto. Of course Mother Nature has not dissapointed and with different vantage point I found a small and ancient grove of massive trees. The one I had passed by many times had split apart in a storm and crushed and abandoned cabin out in the forest many years back so much of this is bone dry.
The scenery is stunning and the walnut too! I am going to be harvesting often, especially after a windy day. Stay posted! I might be going into the Black Walnut business!! Cheers and Happy Easter from the Mo Family!

P. S. That last photo reminds me of hunting and fishing with my Pops, brother and Uncle's when I was a kid. That middle-bottom chunk was a piece of Red Oak on 'my' other secret spot that we were walking past on the way home and could carry just 'one more piece'...!
39a2a9500ebc457511726ad95deab881.jpg
05e64a6975be42983d98092d1e08028b.jpg
0ac4d62226a123f743a5a235b2d0932c.jpg
b72f0e3f91003c88244b5a51b49655d9.jpg
56a7fe05a0666a3f24ba1dd42060c59f.jpg
589680fb5accc758fea43f37a2b32156.jpg
639e2b63687dca8c44b3264b4df52939.jpg
e3f76b919bbe336c4f0fd57597a3a922.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,267 Posts
Mo neighbors cut two big ones down I might luck into some but he had a wood chipper and I was not home :-( to get any the smaller stuff , there’s still one in my yard and another one at buds home .

Attachments

·
Mojave Mo
4,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mo neighbors cut two big ones down I might luck into some but he had a wood chipper and I was not home :-( to get any the smaller stuff , there's still one in my yard and another one at buds home .
That heart is seriously dark! Kinda reminds me of one of my ex-wives!

·
Mojave Mo
4,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yea Mo! Get those bigguns and go deep young man. There's some cool stuff down in there.
Exhibit A..........
That is so crazy that depth! Dangit. This was a test question by my carving coach. Shoot!. Holographic wood is known as 'Clarevoyn.. '. Nope. It is called, 'Cryptclala... '.Nope. Maybe 'Calalystical'....??¿? Yea. That is some fine lumber right there.

·
Mojave Mo
4,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm not jealous. Not at all! Anxious to see what you make of all of those gems.
Thanks Treeman! Say. Found out this morning my neighbor has a Pecan Tree. I'm thinking about going over the fence around 3am. Is it worth the risk?? I've got Natty Fever man!?!?

·
Mojave Mo
4,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Geeze Mo! You hit the mother lode! Keep it hush hush or you'll have more company than you need. Don't see wood like that out in the desert.
I've seen some bigazz heavy Tumbleweeds in my day. I wonder if you'd be able to pull a sling out of that mess!?

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
Thanks Treeman! Say. Found out this morning my neighbor has a Pecan Tree. I'm thinking about going over the fence around 3am. Is it worth the risk?? I've got Natty Fever man!?!?

if you go over the fence, grab a fork for me as well. Pecan is tough to find in joisey. The last one I worked on was really chatoyant.

·
Mojave Mo
4,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

if you go over the fence, grab a fork for me as well. Pecan is tough to find in joisey. The last one I worked on was really chatoyant.
CHATOYANT!!!?

·
Registered
2,733 Posts

CHATOYANT!!!?

I had a piece of mesquite but it was disarobeic, bark just fell off.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts