Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,671 Posts
Great turnout! I know everyone had a great time. Congratulations to Bill Hays for taking 1st place at the tournament. Nice work by Zach and Nathan also. 41 entrants-gotta love that! I miss it all so much. Nice job by Bill and Mike and all the other helpers for all the setting up. You made a fun event possible for all! Go ECST!!!!

·
Premium Member
4,031 Posts
THAT was a super fun event... and I say event because it's so much more than merely a tournament.

You get to put faces to names and names to avatars and screen names... Making friends, meeting new people and being introduced to a surprising amount of culture too....

Highlights of the event... Tara and her violin, magnificent! Josh carving beautiful pieces using only an exacto knife, tremendous! Ray and the melodious sounds of his ukulele, incredible!

And then ALL the shooting... speed, distance, 3D woods, knock down targets and other challenges.... The ECST and the SEST are THE most complete overall skills test of any tournaments in the World at present.... If you get lucky and win one of these, then your skill set is really starting to come around...

But the thing is, the shooting is secondary to the fellowship and the sheer joy of meeting and interacting with like minded individuals...

Individuals who vary in economic strata, socially diverse and normally separated by distances larger than most countries on earth.... all loving and sharing in what brings us all together... that simple, "silly", super fun and incredibly difficult to master forked device we all know as the slingshot

·
Super Moderator
6,671 Posts
THAT was a super fun event... and I say event because it's so much more than merely a tournament.

You get to put faces to names and names to avatars and screen names... Making friends, meeting new people and being introduced to a surprising amount of culture too....

Highlights of the event... Tara and her violin, magnificent! Josh carving beautiful pieces using only an exacto knife, tremendous! Ray and the melodious sounds of his ukulele, incredible!

And then ALL the shooting... speed, distance, 3D woods, knock down targets and other challenges.... The ECST and the SEST are THE most complete overall skills test of any tournaments in the World at present.... If you get lucky and win one of these, then your skill set is really starting to come around...

But the thing is, the shooting is secondary to the fellowship and the sheer joy of meeting and interacting with like minded individuals...

Individuals who vary in economic strata, socially diverse and normally separated by distances larger than most countries on earth.... all loving and sharing in what brings us all together... that simple, "silly", super fun and incredibly difficult to master forked device we all know as the slingshot
...and that's what it's really all about!!!! Well said Bill!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.