Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
aka CYBORG
2,060 Posts
I relate to industrial design - when this first appeared on AliEx, I couldn't whip out the debit card fast enough. I saw a first class stainless and EDM sculpture and it's even better in person.

I'll experiment with different PRECISE and light latex from friends to find the flats that are comparable to 1632 for fatigue-free shooting sessions ... an old guy thing.

I added the split ring to accommodate prolly a simple black lanyard. The small divot in the fork tip bummed me 'til I spent some time in my happy place with cupcakes and balloons. I'm OK with it now.

It's compact and heavy (like a snub nose or .45 Officers model) which makes for a fistful of stable, crisp release. Just delightful in every way.

16 bux, about 14 days with epacket - yep, I need to order a second one.

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Small-Slingshot-Stainless-Steel-Hunting-Catapult-with-Rubber-Band-Free-Tie-Shooting-Sling-Shot-2019-New/2934060_32997625145.html?spm=2114.12010612.8148356.25.7a4133canr3f5a

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,288 Posts
Hey Alfred,

Thanks for sharing. I am very interested in the experiment results. May be .55mm Usopp at 1/2"?

Do think you could attach 1632 singlew to this flip?

I may just order one, too. But I am reluctant...never used Aliexpress.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
@Alfred - Dang! Just when I thought I was done with ordering frames on Aliexpress... Oh well, for the price, I am not complaining, I have been eyeing this and another of a similar shape with wood scales. I think this might be the better of the two. Should have it in a couple of weeks. Thanks for sharing about EDM. I didn't know that was how it was done and was wondering about how they achieved the tight tolerances with these "no-tie" frames.

@Makopat - The seller, Piaoyu, is alright. Probably the one seller I order most from on Aliexpress. The only thing to tolerate with Aliexpress is the slow transit times but when ePacket is an option, it'll half the time. The items I have received have always been well packed and in good condition, usually with several freebies thrown in. As for my not so good experiences with Aliexpress (from other sellers) - I have had one with a minor description discrepancy; and once where I was refunded though the item did arrive two months later. IMO, if the item isn't too expensive, it's a fair risk to buy on Aliexpress. The customer feedback is usually quite helpful though we may have to read between the lines a little...

·
aka CYBORG
2,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey Pat - Someone else suggested the .55mm Usopp as well as Sumeike and GZK orange. Northerner suggested using tabs for 1632 - a viable option, but I'm inclined to use this strictly for flats.

I've had one bad experience with AliExpress - a store name Sexy Bus that lied and ripped me off - the dispute, arbitrated by AliEx, sided with the seller. It's petty but they haven't heard the end of it. So, out of 27 AE orders, I've had only one negative buying experience - not a bad track record actually.

I agree with Urban - the Piaoyu Store has been reliable for me as well. During discussions about the Chinese business model, Northerner speculated that these 'Stores' may only be a laptop operator who taps into the wholesalers to fill orders, but needs positive feedback in order to stay in AE's good graces.

Also, as Forgotten pointed out, Wu Jim sells this same model for slightly more money.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts