Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Mojave Mo
5,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Honestly. I am almost out of Grandpa's shotgun stock, almost.

I am sure you think you have seen this sling 3 or 4 times before! I certainly have. Aside from running out of critical supplies, my slingmuse vacated under the stress of trying to avoid a mistake that would make me crazy. That is why you won't see a lanyard hole on this sling. It was part of the plan, but I chickened out.

The top of this sling is a MattW Tubed Ranger, the bottom is Mo Phatty Tech in Brown Canvas Micarta with a little gunstock walnut. The Walnut wasn't part of the 'A' plan, that happened when I realized I didn't have enough micarta to scale both sides.

It feels nice in my hand. Hefty for sure with a lot of meat to hold on too!

Just Shoot It!
Mojave Morning

c9a4ef917f97d07caa596311babe9a89.jpg
2390e5f9d1acc5859fae29c3cb037453.jpg
f20abfc8c92c055d3ba3179e22f1c6dd.jpg
0e25a7b7c725280358074d55317c31a7.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Mo, I will be frank, for a long time I was looking at them, your frames, and was just ignoring them. But you know what? They grew on me! You have a style that's completely your own, and the industrial revolution look of your frames, finally captured my sense of aesthetics!
I love your frames mate, keep up the good work!
An important lesson here folks, never be quick to judge, or it'll come back at you ????

·
Mojave Mo
5,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mo, I will be frank, for a long time I was looking at them, your frames, and was just ignoring them. But you know what? They grew on me! You have a style that's completely your own, and the industrial revolution look of your frames, finally captured my sense of aesthetics!
I love your frames mate, keep up the good work!
An important lesson here folks, never be quick to judge, or it'll come back at you
Awww geez Skropi. I thought you were still made at that Spanish Sling I made in your honor. I actually had to chuck that thing down a deep hole. I messed up the epoxy and it wouldn't set. It smelled like death for two weeks! Anyway--- thanks for looking below the surface, AND....This.Sling.Will.Shoot!!
Once I figure out we're Greece is I'll start a little slingmail. I grew up in Northern California and my parents told me the East Coast of the USA was Reno, Nevada. Peace!! Moses

·
Mojave Mo
5,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thats another work of art - really like your approach - its very Mosesque :)
Dig the MattW Toobed Ranger. It is the closest I have come to getting all the metrics going in the correct direction. My OCD is challenged between creating a metrically perfect piece, and the reality that I can shoot crooked stuff just fine.

·
Mojave Mo
5,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Awesome work bro! Styl'n!
Thanks C5! I am curious about how we ALL hold our slings. I am happy to gloat that I have shot so far the best production slings I can get my hands on. The Scorpion started some questions in my head.....that all get shattered when I see a dude hitting dots with a couple of eye-bolts wrapped in Paracord and rubber. I think 'supermod' slings are cool. But putting a bird on the table and smile on the face can happen with some heavy guage wire and a couple of rubber bands. To me that is mind blowing

·
Premium Member
3,288 Posts
Mo's quest for an effective and comfortable grip has benefitted me greatly. My arthritic hands never had it so good.

I dig the history of the materials and thought behind the designs...and I like the looks.

S'good stuff.

·
Mojave Mo
5,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Mo's quest for an effective and comfortable grip has benefitted me greatly. My arthritic hands never had it so good.

I dig the history of the materials and thought behind the designs...and I like the looks.

S'good stuff.
MakoPat! On this sling something accidental happened. I need and like having the inside of my holding thumb having support. Given I have dislocated that thumb two horrible times and it is weak and wobbly. If I lived in wet climate I'd probably be in some pain too. Dunno......it is all still fun and games!!

·
Master of Swine Fu
3,056 Posts
Honestly. I am almost out of Grandpa's shotgun stock, almost.

I am sure you think you have seen this sling 3 or 4 times before! I certainly have. Aside from running out of critical supplies, my slingmuse vacated under the stress of trying to avoid a mistake that would make me crazy. That is why you won't see a lanyard hole on this sling. It was part of the plan, but I chickened out.

The top of this sling is a MattW Tubed Ranger, the bottom is Mo Phatty Tech in Brown Canvas Micarta with a little gunstock walnut. The Walnut wasn't part of the 'A' plan, that happened when I realized I didn't have enough micarta to scale both sides.

It feels nice in my hand. Hefty for sure with a lot of meat to hold on too!

Just Shoot It!
Mojave Morning

c9a4ef917f97d07caa596311babe9a89.jpg
2390e5f9d1acc5859fae29c3cb037453.jpg
f20abfc8c92c055d3ba3179e22f1c6dd.jpg
0e25a7b7c725280358074d55317c31a7.jpg

that's some nice work.

·
Registered
427 Posts
That’s really cool. And really original. The walnut “plan B” is a nice touch.

Reactions: MOJAVE MO
1 - 19 of 19 Posts