Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Made from Hunter Orange G10 and black ballistic grade G10... this little tube shooter is extremely accurate and a true pleasure to shoot with the small chinese tubes. Which is great because making this one made my hands very sore... holding and shaping G10 in this way is many times more difficult than doing the same thing with wood.

Also, notice the slots are on the inside so that you can use the one line aiming system... looped tubes are stable and in line when pulled on the top/bottom and or the end/tips.
I shot this one for a while yesterday and was able to cut a card using 00 buckshot (.33 caliber)..... extremely difficult to do.

·
Premium Member
4,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Guys, these are almost all real fun to make... except for this one. I thought it was going to be super fun and kind of easy, as I had everything in my head exactly how to do it all... but today, I can hardly close my right hand all the way... extremely sore.
I wouldn't recommend doing one like this out of these materials unless you just have a desire to mess up your hands!

Top draw catapult as allways Bill. how long does it take you to create a work of art like that
This one took over 4 hours, start to finish... and most of that time was in actual work on it. When I did the same concept on the Tiger Scorpion, I used PurpleHeart and Maple... although the Tiger Scorpion was a little larger and there were some things I had to figure out as I went along on the build... the Tiger Scorpion took me about 90 minutes total.
That's the difference in using these super tough laminates versus woods... it takes about 3 times as long to work the G10 and it'll sore you up if you are stubborn like me and don't do it over a few days.

·
Premium Member
4,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That is very nice of you to say Guys... I don't think I'll be selling these tiger striped ones in G10... WAAAAY to much trouble and extremely difficult to do... I'm able to close my right hand all the way today finally... and it seems like it'll be at least 3 more days before it feels close to how it should.
Tiger Striped in hardwoods... maybe, but G10 I don't think so.

However.... I may send one or two like this one, a thinner version and one with the same thickness and dimensions, to Pete to get cast if there's a demand for that though. I know the Chinese tube shooters are pretty popular... and this is definitely one of the best dedicated Chinese tubeshooters I've used... so it migh be worth a shot.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts