Slingshots Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
after some months of intensive shooting, mainly with 4 1745 strands set and 8 set 2040, my elbow (the one of the arms wich holds the fork) is sending some bad signal (pain) try to explain me that 58 years is not the age to play catty's. I have read that the same happened to other member (Zdp?). Any suggest?

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
I have not seen your slingshot but I use 4 strand 1745* all the time and have been making and testing the slingshots I make.I have been making pocket shooters and with the help of Jeff and tips picked up off the forum, I have drilled a hole in the handle for your little finger to fit into,it really does make a huge difference to your grip if the handle is too narrow that will not help either, pack it out to fit your palm.Attatched is a picture of the one I use,If you have already done this then I suggest you change to flatband as most of the users on this forum will agree it is smoother to pull.

·
Brotherhood Of The Slingshot Nutz
2,153 Posts
You are probably shooting too many times with tubes that are really best suited to hunting. For long term target practice you should try using 18-42 or even 20-40 four strand. It is very easy to pull and does just fine to practice with. I like the 18-42 the best for target shooting. I usually shoot around three hundred rounds for a target practice sessions. It also takes a while for our bodys to get adjusted to shooting. I suggest light bands most of the time with short times of heavier bands. Take it easy and as time goes by the stress will lessen as the muscles get used to shooting.

·
Premium Member
3,465 Posts
I get that but almost always on double Theraband Gold. Try changing arms if you have a bad elbow on one side, or drop the band power a few pounds and use slightly lighter ammo. A different or varied shooting style may also help your arm, if not your score.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
as always have to to say tanks for good advices. Pain is not so bad that I cannott withstand or cannot hold my cattyes (mainly danlkung and milbros). It only did get some harder after a (very) long trip on motorbike. My real concern was about having to stop shooting, would'nt like to stop this retourning fever.b But I also know that soon or later it will desappeare.

·
Super Moderator
6,511 Posts
Hi Stelug, I know exactly what you mean and also what you have because I had it also. It's called "Tendonitis" or commonly known as "Tennis Elbow". A real pain in the butt. It will go away eventually but will take some time and it sometimes comes back. Ice,heat.anti-inflammatory drugs help too. I had that and then I developed a "Frozen Shoulder" with a compresssed nerve. It makes you unable to lift your arm very far up and also makes you shake-not too cool for slingshooting. I'm dealing with it though. I came in 5th this year at the shoot out of 28 and didn't even think I did that good. Hang in there Bud-I'm 57 BTW-fun getting old Huh?!
Flatband

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Flatband, symptoms are right. Thanks for advices.Hope to get out soon or later. I'll go for a different set of rubbers and if pain does not desappears will change the arm: I am dextrous but having as a dominant eye the left I use to hold with right. About ageing: as I wrote in my presentation, time goes on, but boy is still here.

·
Tex-shooter
4,493 Posts
If you are shooting tubes pushed on a rod type slingshot, they will aggravate the condition to say the least as they stack very badly and transmit a lot of unused energy directly to your arm. Any light weight slingshot transmits more energy to your arm than a heavy one, especially with heavy bands. Flat bands do not transmit as much energy to your arm, but you get a little more hand slap with them especially if shooting light weight projectiles at high speed. -- Tex

1 - 9 of 9 Posts