Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Premium Member
1,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I made some jade burlap, resin board last week, and it came out a little thin in one area. It was an experiment with my new clamps. I needed to lay down about two or three more layers for the correct thickness as well. I thought the SITH was a good time to try this out on a frame.​
The finished product has a rough finish to it when compared to EPS frames I sell. The aluminum is not buffed either. I didn't want to spend too much time on it, since I have frames to finish for paying customers. It has two thin coats of spar urethane, allowing the burlap to stand out. It's different, but it shoots really nice.​

· Registered
589 Posts
Wow! Tactical cool-!
I like this a lot.

If you need a tester/reviewer I'm always available!

I like the idea of the colored burlap a lot and I think that it would look beautiful with the contrast of the burlap against polished or anodized green or black aluminum and using your beautiful mosaic pins.
Your work is top notch, and I would still one day like to afford one.

Ps...what does SITH mean? I see it all over and I can't quite put it into context.
Can you also post a pic of this in the gallery? I like to use your photos as desktop backgrounds
they are all amazing.

· Resigned
1,382 Posts
Wow! Tactical cool-!
I like this a lot.

If you need a tester/reviewer I'm always available!

I like the idea of the colored burlap a lot and I think that it would look beautiful with the contrast of the burlap against polished or anodized green or black aluminum and using your beautiful mosaic pins.
Your work is top notch, and I would still one day like to afford one.

Ps...what does SITH mean? I see it all over and I can't quite put it into context.
Can you also post a pic of this in the gallery? I like to use your photos as desktop backgrounds
they are all amazing.
SITH - Slingshot in the hat. like secret santa with slingshots.

· Premium Member
1,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
and when is the sps i think its called coming out that new model
I should have the prototype complete this coming week. If all goes well, it should be available within the month.

· Premium Member
7,824 Posts
Looks like aligator skin

Your SSITH partner is very lucky to be getting a one of a kind EPS! I bet more people will participate next time after seeing some of the great stuff that was traded in this round.

· Registered
250 Posts
Looks like aligator skin

Your SSITH partner is very lucky to be getting a one of a kind EPS! I bet more people will participate next time after seeing some of the great stuff that was traded in this round.
Right you are!
It arrived today and I will go and try it out!
I would have been happy to receive any slingshot made by someone but me. But when I read who would make one for me I knew I was lucky. As I have neither materials nor skills to make something comparable, it's going to be my "flagship" for quite some time.

· Premium Member
1,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Glad you like it.

It's not finished like a frame I would sell. The aluminum edge is file finished only. The burlap board didn't laminate with equal thickness, but is only off by a few thousands. It is unique to what I've made in the past however.

When you go to re-band it, attach the bands to the same side. The radius on the other side of one fork is not quite the same of the other fork. However, it shoots with authority, none the less. I hope you enjoy it for a long time.

BTW - I mailed your authenticity coin yesterday. They arrived after I mailed your EPS.

- Jim

· Registered
250 Posts
Ok, thanks for the hint about the fork tips. I may change the bands, I'm thinking butterfly bands, these days I'm all about that.
The alu is totally fine for me, maybe some day I'll try and smooth it and make it shine, but I'll probably leave it as it is.
authenticity coin - fer realz?

· Registered
250 Posts
Authenticity coin arrived today. I suppose nobody able to produce slingshots of this quality would need to pass his products off as somebody elses

Still a nice thing to have and I appreciate the effort, I'll make a display for my slingshots eventually, the coin will be on it too.
I ordered some very fine sandpaper and make the EPS really shine, I'll post pics when I've done that.

· Premium Member
1,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Good to hear.

Take a fine, rat tail file, and lightly work the polyurethane away from the aluminum and G10 spacing. Then, lightly work the scratches out of the aluminum. Once you have that where you want it, wrap some 120 or 220 sand paper around the file, and continue working the aluminum. Go down to 400 or 600, and you can acheive a real nice surface.

Hope that helps.

- Jim

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.