Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,
got my Hunter Ergo2 off Fish today and it is superb!
Made from ebony it looks as good as it shoots (exellent!).

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Shoots as good as it looks (he,he)

·
Registered
199 Posts
Hi all,
Aron, what does TTIWOP mean? I'm guessing it has something to do with pictures going on RIDE's request but could you spell out this acronym for me please. It's bugging me!
I'm afraid I can't post any pics of my ebony ergo2 cos I broke it, I'd only had it a few days as well!
After a good day out shooting it in some large woodland near where I live I got home with the dog, took it out of my coat pocket and accidentally dropped in onto the tiled kitchen floor. To my horror the right side fork popped off, a clean snap straight through. I only drpooed it from waist hight so it must have landed right on the fork edge and broke it off.
As you can imagine I was gutted. I went to the forum Fish runs here in England (I can fully recomend this one, full of great people.) Fish himself read my plight and, bieng the gent he is, asked me to return it to him. Unfortunately the forks were irriparable and Fish offered to replace them. Because he has no more ebony we have come to an agreement on an ergo2 in a different material.
I have still got my hunter and my ergo made by Fish and both in ebony with no problems at all.
Both are beutifull catapults and both are a joy to shoot. Been out with the hunter today actually and had some fun with it, lovely piece of kit. I'm not too good with computers and can't post pics yet but I have a mate who is so next time he visits he can show me how, then i will post pics of the ebony hunter and ergo for you all.
Cheers for reading all this!
Chuff.

·
Banned
388 Posts
i am so sorry for your dissapointment with the ergo mate,whilst ebony is both beutifull and strong it can break anoyingly,bit like cast iron,you make bridges that last 200 years with the stuff but it breaks dead easy!

As promised you will have first refusal on my new catapult when it comes out!

·
Premium Member
1,714 Posts
I always put exotic wood in a laminate. I made one slingshot out of solid brazilian cherry, and it snapped a fork off when I dropped it. Never had a laminate break when test dropping them.

·
aka. bunnybuster
1,623 Posts
Ditto Jim,
I find laminates are super strong, and have yet had anyone break one.
They will take a mis- aimed fork hit, where solid wood will bust (usually).
But then again..I have never seen a fork break just by falling, unless it was cracked to begin with.
I seen chief aj bust a solid osage slingshot, by hitting one of the forks with a steel ball.
Tom

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Anyone else tell me what TTIWOP's an acronym for? It's annoying me not knowing what it stands for!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts