Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Resigned
1,087 Posts
I recently watched a couple of clips of the great Rufus Hussey shooting his beanshooter, and it was facinating to watch him in action on various targets. It got me thinking about the exceptional shooting skills of several members on this Forum, no names guys, you know who you are. I have never seen any vids of Rufus hitting something as small as a thrown BB with a BB, shooting through the hole in a washer or cutting a wind blown playing card in half at huge distances for example, in fact I think he only ever shot close range with large rocks. I am not in any way trying to belittle Rufus, but I think if some of our outstanding shooters were interviewed by a similar TV film Crew the viewers would be even more impressed. Thanks.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I would have to agree with you tubeman. I would also lie to see some of the expert shooters featured on Top Shot as guest instructors. There is some awesome talent out there that if seen it would definately increase intrest in the sport of slingshot shooting and slingshot craftsmanship.

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
rufus hussey shot since he was 10 and some of the best on here have only shot for about 2 years but ruffes hussey was the best on the best i hear well in his days

·
Banned
1,311 Posts
rufus hussey shot since he was 10 and some of the best on here have only shot for about 2 years but ruffes hussey was the best on the best i hear well in his days
theres no doubt that the man was blessed,but theres shooters on this forum who are better,they are gentleman who would never make such a claim yet im sure we all know who they are,including i might add the gents from the uk as well as the us.modesty in abundance all of them

·
Resigned
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
theres no doubt that the man was blessed,but theres shooters on this forum who are better,they are gentleman who would never make such a claim yet im sure we all know who they are,including i might add the gents from the uk as well as the us.modesty in abundance all of them
[/quote]
Thanks for the reply marcus. I was beginning to think that my thread would just die the death, as the shooters I have in mind are no doubt too modest to compare themselves to Rufus, even though they could outshoot him.

·
Registered
96 Posts
rufus video is what got me into slingshots, so hes still promoting his trade years later.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
i think the thing with rufus was he had he's own style, we shoot with top class frames, high quality flatbands and steel or lead balls, he shot naturals made from dog wood, gum rubber and big uneven rocks, he could cut a fork from a tree and with a couple of quick twists and pulls he would have it shooting lol, also hes style was almost unique
but i do agree with you tube man, most of he's shots were close range and although in my eyes rufus is a true legend i do think there are better shooters about these days -- gamekeeper john

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
i would have loved to own one of his shooters and most people try to hit stuff very small rufus did not use a slingshot for a sport just simply to keep himself alive back in the days but you cant go saying people are better than him when we really dont know we have only ever seen one vid on him shooting who know his capability's

·
Registered
803 Posts
With Rufus it was a way of life, not a pastime hobby, or making a show, big difference, MIGHTY BIG, he was truly THE KING, no show, just fact and the way it was, a great shooter, And the way he lived

·
Banned
1,311 Posts
i would have loved to own one of his shooters and most people try to hit stuff very small rufus did not use a slingshot for a sport just simply to keep himself alive back in the days but you cant go saying people are better than him when we really dont know we have only ever seen one vid on him shooting who know his capability's
well ive seen more than one vid and ive seen loads a vids of others on here.so yeah,i can say it ,and wether people wanna admit it or not,they know theyre are better on here,noones taking anything from him mckee,but you have your views we have ours

·
Tex-shooter
4,493 Posts
Well said Buger! He shot all his life! Anybody and I mean anybody will get good that shoots all there life. -- Tex

·
Prince of Paraprosdokians and Epistemophilia
2,565 Posts
Afte carefully reading your thoughts, some of which are bordering on hysterical idol worship, I must say one thing...

I concur.*

*not to be confused with couscous.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts