Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Tex-shooter
4,493 Posts
For those that have thought about making extended fork shots, I have about 10 different designs of my own Shooting Stars designs and several of other shooters designs. Although this Shooting Star is not my favorite, but it seems to be everyone's else's favorite that has seen it. I just turned the foot 180 degrees on it and it weighs about one pound and 3 ounces. Since I designed it and built it I can see a couple of minor design flaws. One being the leather is a little too short across the prongs for my arm so it does not sit down real solid and can move a little side to side. All in all it is a nice flip!

Wood Wood stain Hardwood Natural material Varnish
Brown Wood Sleeve Musical instrument accessory Font
Wood Rectangle Wood stain Hardwood Varnish
Wood Hardwood Varnish Wood stain Rectangle

Attachments

·
Registered
40 Posts
I also have been a fan of your designs for a while. Are there templates available? Also, can you explain the design of your fork tips? I dont think ive seen that type on any other shooter, other than the Saunders wrist rocket pro.

·
Tex-shooter
4,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I also have been a fan of your designs for a while. Are there templates available? Also, can you explain the design of your fork tips? I dont think ive seen that type on any other shooter, other than the Saunders wrist rocket pro.
No Templates available. The tips are designed for accuracy and ease of tying bands on. Just a couple of rubber bands on each side wrapped tight and the bands are on. The flip is designed to pull the bands back at about 10 degrees from the platform. Here is a old photo. Note; I have had this slingshot for long enough for the UV in the house to start bleaching out the walnut on the top.

Jeans Musician Guitar accessory Microphone Sleeve

Attachments

·
Tex-shooter
4,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I Have a slot in the tips of most of my Shooting Star extended fork slingshots. If you don't want to use rubber bands here is another way to Tie bands on them.

wOALtD8abHQ

·
Registered
60 Posts
I Have a slot in the tips of most of my Shooting Star extended fork slingshots. If you don't want to use rubber bands here is another way to Tie bands on them.

wOALtD8abHQ
Thank you.. I am in the process of designing my own Starship style slingshot. And getting all the information I can. Again Thank you for posting this.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts