Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. I found this strange fork a couple months ago, and this week I desided to finish it. It has 14cm (from palm to fork tip) extension, and is supported sideways by thumb and forefinger. Low forks, so no brace is needed. The wood I think is called Junipher in english. Hope you like it.

Attachments

·
Registered
649 Posts
Hi everyone. I found this strange fork a couple months ago, and this week I desided to finish it. It has 14cm (from palm to fork tip) extension, and is supported sideways by thumb and forefinger. Low forks, so no brace is needed. The wood I think is called Junipher in english. Hope you like it.
Cool, you will want to give her a wrist-brace for better performance!

·
Member, Brotherhood of Slingshot Nutz
11,147 Posts
Wow, again Mother Nature gives us a new design!
You have a good eye for recognizing the potential in that fork, NW. Great job carving and finishing, too!!

·
Tex-shooter
4,461 Posts
Neet -- Tex-Shooter PS - This picture was sent to me by someone a frw years back. (Richard Middleton I think)

Attachments

·
"Southern Flip Style"
2,638 Posts
Love that natural fork NW!! That is cool!

Tex indeed nothing much new under the sun as they say..... a few months ago I made a wooden wrist-bracer much like the pic minus the extended forks just experimenting a little with wooden designs.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for your comments. Conserning a wristbrace, the forks are so low and the support of thumb and forefinger sideways makes it quite steady. I almost only shoot 3/8s so I dont need very heavy bands. Next time I change the bands I will make them longer so I can shoot half butterfly style.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.