Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
500 Club
578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

So after a days exam revision I decided to get out, uncover my catchbox, and do a little shooting!

Using the slingshot Bill Hays made for me, I drew the bands, lined them up, closed my left eye (I hold the slingshot in my right eye), and shot. I hit the target but just didn't feel right...
I then repeated the steps but closed my right eye, just to see what would happen. PERFECT! Bang on the centre!
After many more shots I have realised I am more accurate when closing my right eye.

Has anyone else found this? Or is it just me

Cheers Luke

·
Shooter
688 Posts
i dont aim , i keep both open , but if it works for you go for it !!!

·
Premium Member
5,252 Posts
i am with Ry, the more i shoot the more i feel the shot, especially after watching MJ's tute on point and shooting, and PS's shooting mantra. when i used an Hays frame i shot with 1 eye as well just seems to work better when you are looking down that peep slot he provides on his frames.

·
Premium Member
8,097 Posts
i am with Ry, the more i shoot the more i feel the shot, especially after watching MJ's tute on point and shooting, and PS's shooting mantra. when i used an Hays frame i shot with 1 eye as well just seems to work better when you are looking down that peep slot he provides on his frames.
Wow, I'm glad that helped you! Now I wish it worked better for me

·
500 Club
578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Dominant eye is right and my dominant hand is my right. Just find it easier with the right eye closed

·
Premium Member
1,186 Posts
I am cross-dominant...right hand, left eye, so I keep my right eye closed

Cheers,

Sofreto

·
500 Club
578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
How could I forget the Shaolin temple!!

Is it just be that thought this was someone picking there nose? -

·
"Mighty Can Smiter"
4,302 Posts
I know the dominant eye thing is brought up quite a bit, but that doesn't change which eye you use on which hand. For aiming you use the eye that is closes to your anchor. Holding the slingshot with the left hand you are positioned with the right eye being closest to your anchor and path of the ammo so you should at least have that eye open, and visa versa with the other hand.

Eye dominance comes into play when determining if you should shoot with both eyes open. If your dominant eye is the eye farthest from your anchor, it may interfere with focusing on your point of aim, and you may have to shoot with that eye closed to "force" your non-Dom to focus. If your aim eye is the dominant eye then shooting with both eyes open may not be a hindrance.

LGD

·
HOBBYIST-SOPHOMORIC-JACKA$$
8,259 Posts
" i become the slingshot , i am one with the ammo . "

1 - 20 of 28 Posts