Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
"Crafter"
1,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK guys just a question into the fire pot. Has anybody ever tried using Fabric elastic for band material before? Before you slate my question completly I got to mess around with a few off cuts of this stuff round a relatives and it was a hard material to summerise..

This is the stuff I am on about http://www.fabricuk.com/showspecial.php?id=50 the white cotton like material that stretches (and in some cases streched alot). Like I say some of the material stretched very well and I was quite impressed, but it had little snap back. Other cuts seemed to stretch moderate and snap back as fast if not faster than elastic! I just think that if a medium in this material could be found durability would increase ten fold this stuff was tough it would not rip, it was a bugger to cut and after a good three hours of constant on off stretching showed no signs of weakness.... If this material is not adaptable is there anyway we could apply this to our own bands? cotton covered thera gold etc? just out there for you guys to debate.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.