Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,
I just wanted to post an update about the fabric T1 laminate slingshot that ZDP/ Dan made for me . Understand some of this info my seem weird to some of you but Dan took this frame that was scaled to fit his hand and scaled it to fit my hand without as much as a hand drawing and there is ALLOT of difference in size between Dans hand and Mine ! So,I posted a few pictures showing how the slingshot fits my hand. At first site the palm swell area of the frame seems to be quite large even for my huge hand but, it actually fits well and seeing as though this fork was designed to work for a right or left handed person. There is a slight bit of flex in the frame when drawn to my full draw 31" but, that is to be expected given the design, thickness of the forks ( .400 '' + or - .012'') , and material of composition ( Laminated camo cloth ), the bands ( double blue thera band ) 8" long which I draw to 31" and that gives me an average 13.3 lb. draw weight, and I shoot 1/2'' steel balls. Look at the pictures to see how it fits my hand and how I support the frame when I shoot , Keep in mind when I support and shoot with this slingshot like I do in the pictures ( which is normal for me) there is soo little frame flex that I can't notice it. With this frame I feel there are absolutely no safety issues and it shoots FAST ! I only wish I had a chrony.......in fact I might order one today ..........

As of this time I have shot 517 3/8 " steel balls and me and my nephew ( 29 years old who has a wife and 2 daughters, Thus a reason to get out of the house and see his uncle Scott ) shot 613 1/2 " steel balls this weekend and everything is like new no runs, nodrips, and yes Dan ! NO fork hits
( I can't even and don't want to imagine how much a 1/2 steel ball would hurt with my hand in front of the fork ! OUCH, Anybody have a bandaid ?

Once Again , My hats off to you Dan I think you have an outstanding design in the T1

-Scott

Leg Wood Window Brickwork Brick Blue Sleeve Finger Gesture Collar Hand Finger Gesture Creative arts Thumb

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,465 Posts
Wow, you really do have big hands. I referred to the USA glove size chart which said that your 'Large' hands were 20% larger than mine so I scaled it up 20% in 2D.

I am glad I didn't use the XL glove size you said you take. That looks very much like the way the originals looked in my hands.

I am surprised you find these bands heavy. I'm tiny by comparison to you and not at all muscular and I find these bands controllable.

·
Premium Member
3,465 Posts
Please inspect the frame regularly for signs of de-lamination of the forks. It shouldn't happen, but if it does, toss it out without a second's thought. I have a spare in the same material standing by for you, this time in heavy lacquer and I could rivet the forks if needed.

Yes, a finger hit would be unpleasant. This is the effect of a single hit to a part of the hand with no bones. I imagine bones would be pulped. Remember to shoot with equal tension on both bands like any board-cut. I haven't had a fork/finger hit yet and I'm a relative novice.

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am a 300 # + guy and I am used to shooting a compound bow with 55 % let off and being able to hold the bow at full draw for a minute to concentrate on aiming, so at full draw the double blue bands are starting to be stout and I have only been shootint slingshot serous for about two months. Give another month and I 'll be shooting double gold bands like it's nothing.... keep in mind as well your blue band is thick compared to mine , .007 " thicker. Yes I do check the frame for delamination , especially between the forks between most shots. I am having fun but being cautious at the same time .

-Scott

1 - 4 of 4 Posts