Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Prince of Paraprosdokians and Epistemophilia
2,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I'm officially a "biker" (Kawasaki Ninja 400 KRT edition ABS, which I bought for myself as a 74th birthday present, following a 4 decade hiatus from "bike" riding),

I watch the biking adventures on YouTube. I began to think "what would it take to go from where I am in south Florida to where I was born and raised in the "Midwood" section of Brooklyn NY?"

Tire Wheel Automotive lighting Vehicle Automotive tire
[,

For the fun of it, I Google-mapped it, and learned that it would be a 1247 mile trip, one way, it would take 18 and a half hours to ride there, and I figured that I'd need to refuel my bike six times each way. I'm not actually going to do it, especially on a crotch rocket sport bike, but it tickled my fancy, which hasn't been tickled in awhile.

So I did a little research about my old neighborhood, and it seems that as neighbors, I had some well known folks. Here's the list as per Wikipedia.

Ruith Bader Ginsburg

Bernie Sanders

Chuck Schumer

Gil Hodges

Marissa Tomei

Barry Manilow

Lou Ferrigno

Sy Syms

Quite a fascinating find!

THWACK!

Attachments

·
Missing Barns and Telling Yarns
981 Posts
Ah, you're living my dreams! Hopefully I'll get around to getting one of those sooner rather than later. That's quite the collection of neighbors there!

Reactions: THWACK!

·
Registered
116 Posts
You did something good for yourself with a bike like that. Way to celebrate a birthday! I bought a 2017 Ninja ZX6 a couple years back. I love it. The ABS is a dream. No more back tire sliding around issues. I did 650miles in a day once. Up the Mississippi and into Minnesota and back... fun ride... but I don’t recommend that kind of distance on a crotch rocket. You get a lot of pain in the shoulders and wrists. Not to mention the old backside. Best to fill up every hour to hour and a half. Stretch the legs. But it’s so much fun. More like a smooth flowing dance than on a cruiser. One with the bike and all that. Congratulations. Have fun. Stay young. Be safe.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.