Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Tex-shooter
4,275 Posts
Worlds fastest flip shooter! Fantastic! -- Tex

· Registered
172 Posts
Dgui, Amazing speed and accuracy!!! You must be the fastest draw in the west....east, north, south and everywhere in between!!!
I think the fasted I can load and shoot is two seconds (and I couldn't even hit anything)....

Jake, and awesome job on the timing! That looked like it would take some work and "know how"!

· Premium Member
1,869 Posts
That's pretty durn fast, Darrell. Not many predators move that fast, let alone prey species. I think the Mantis Shrimp is about the fastest out there strike wise.
But I've seen a stonefish eat a mantis shrimp and that happened so fast I thought I was mistaken. He was there and then he wasn't. All I saw was the "rock" twitch slightly.
Keep going 'til you have to change your name to dblurr.

· Premium Member
5,065 Posts
That's pretty durn fast, Darrell. Not many predators move that fast, let alone prey species. I think the Mantis Shrimp is about the fastest out there strike wise.
But I've seen a stonefish eat a mantis shrimp and that happened so fast I thought I was mistaken. He was there and then he wasn't. All I saw was the "rock" twitch slightly.
Keep going 'til you have to change your name to dblurr.
good one eh!

· Resigned
5,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i think you set the bar so high no one else is even giving fast draw a try. well done

(it's two tenths not two hundreds- but if it was possible you'd be the man to do it)
Thanks for pointing this out and now I will have to make a change on the title. .20 the two numbers do occupy the hundredths place but are actually 2 tenths. If I understand this correctly. If this is so I should have already known this.
Thank you.

· Resigned
5,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Instructions

1. How To Read A Digital Stopwatch

Look at the numbers that appear on the stop watch to the left of this step. The first numbers you see on the watch before the ":" are the minutes used. In the case of our included picture, 3 minutes have passed.

Look at the first set of numbers after the ":". Those are the seconds. Our picture shows that 53 seconds have passed.

Look at the last set of smaller number; these are the further numbers to the right. These numbers signify the hundredths of seconds; in this case, 17 hundredths of a second have passed.

Place all of the number together to see your whole time. The stop watch above shows 3 minutes 53 seconds and 17 hundredths of a second.

Check if your stop watch also offers "Laps". In this case, you will typically see each lap or the most current lap displayed along with a "Total Time" option at the bottom of the display. You will read these numbers in the same manner as a regular non-lap stop watch.

Ok, so after reading this how to read a stop watch then the .20 should be read as 20 hundredths of a second .20 hundredths of a second. I would like to get this right and not make any claims more than that of what it is.

What think ye?

Read more: How to Read a Stop Watch | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/how_5035773_read-stop-watch.html#ixzz21jqhoLNR

· Registered
171 Posts
Ok, so after reading this how to read a stop watch then the .20 should be read as 20 hundredths of a second
you are right.

20/100 (20 hundredths) of 1 second -- in fraction it is the same as 2/10 (2 tenths) or even 1/5 (one fifth)

in decimal it would be ".20" (point twenty of a second) which again is the the same as ".2" (point two of a second)

· Resigned
5,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ok, so after reading this how to read a stop watch then the .20 should be read as 20 hundredths of a second
you are right.

20/100 (20 hundredths) of 1 second -- in fraction it is the same as 2/10 (2 tenths) or even 1/5 (one fifth)

in decimal it would be ".20" (point twenty of a second) which again is the the same as ".2" (point two of a second)
[/quote]

Clear as a Bell.
Thanks,
Darrell

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.