Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I received my hdpe feihu shooter from Aliexpress today. First impression out of the package (besides "why am I the only one who doesn't get extras?") was that it was heavy and bigger than I expected. It's also a bit of a beater with its rough finish and mold release lines.
It came with some green bands and a tiny pouch, as well as itty-bitty tubes to tie the bands on with.
I banded it up expecting to hate the bands and the pouch. I actually like them both quite a bit. I also very much like the shape of this slingshot in the hand! I good ergo curve without being a straight wrist design. It makes full contact with the hand and transfers the torque from the draw in a very manageable way.
I took it out to shoot and was very pleasantly surprised. I was immediately hitting my 1.25" spinner very consistently. As consistently as I have with anything in a year, actually. It almost felt pre-aimed as long as I kept my form tight.
Lots more evaluation to come!

Bicycle part Bicycle handlebar Finger Thumb Nail

Hand Plant Finger Gesture Grass

Sleeve Collar Jewellery Camouflage Pattern

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,947 Posts
I does look like it fits your hand perfectly. The champ deffinatly had his bands right, I love em. So the frame he used is probably awesome as well. Glad you like your new frame.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Those look like the thin green precise, given their bright color. I've received several cheap Chinese frames with the same bands and they do seem fast. Is your pouch tied on with ribbon or the thin thread? I've found that the elastic thread they sometimes use or include can lead to premature band failure so be careful. I often retie the included bandsets for this reason.

·
OldMiser
3,543 Posts
For a inxpensive budget shooter..it will serve well as a pocket shooter...that pouch like's 5/16" steel.....3/8" if you watch ow you load the pouch...

I my self like using 5/16" ammo......Enjoy the peg head shooter......pick up some amber thread ribbon...5 or 6 tight turns on the pouch & tie any kind of knot..

you will be good.....I have read reviews on Percise Yellow & Apple Green..are some great choice's....some people like using tapper cuts...

3/4" x 1/2" length would depend if your shooting full butterfly...I know the materical really streach's...

akaOldmiser

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
The one I've got is smaller, I will post pics later today.
Anyway, it is a very intuitive frame style, I like it too!

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
That looks like a nice workhorse Feihu! After shooting Feihus, I kinda wish for all symmetrical slingshots to have an ergo curve like that. The contact and comfort in hand works really well.

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
That looks like a nice workhorse Feihu! After shooting Feihus, I kinda wish for all symmetrical slingshots to have an ergo curve like that. The contact and comfort in hand works really well.
......PSTS....... ????

·
Premium Member
8,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The pouch does seem better suited to 8mm, but the bands are stout enough for 3/8"...
I have a bunch of 8mm from when I was injured and couldn't pull hardly any draw weight, maybe I'll shoot that some today and see how I like it.

·
Super Moderator
1,086 Posts
The pouch does seem better suited to 8mm, but the bands are stout enough for 3/8"...
I have a bunch of 8mm from when I was injured and couldn't pull hardly any draw weight, maybe I'll shoot that some today and see how I like it.
I shoot 12 MM with those pouches. :bonk: :bonk:

·
Premium Member
8,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That sounds super fun, but I like my teeth and my neighbor's windows right where they are, so I'm going to hold off on that for now :lol:
Who makes those pouches and where can I get some more?

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
That sounds super fun, but I like my teeth and my neighbor's windows right where they are, so I'm going to hold off on that for now :lol:
Who makes those pouches and where can I get some more?
Post a pic of the pouch and pm me your address.

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Ah ok, I saw the pic. Send me only your address ????

·
Registered
4,105 Posts
Anyone have a feihu they dont like Ill trade for it I miss mine, gave it to my dad he shoots it rufus style and rarely misses. He wouldnt give it up for anything lol.

Sent using two thumbs and Tapatalk.

Reactions: Ukprelude

·
Registered
243 Posts
nice review. Feihu is always my favourite fork since i was a child. I played only Feihu fork from the tree during my childhood. It was difficult to find a steel or iron rod at that moment. Even i got some, it was impossible to bend it to a ideal shape for a child. But i was able to cut the tree fork and shape it easily with a sharp knife.

·
aka CYBORG
2,060 Posts
Anyone have a feihu they dont like Ill trade for it I miss mine, gave it to my dad he shoots it rufus style and rarely misses. He wouldnt give it up for anything lol.

Sent using two thumbs and Tapatalk.
Chef - I've bought 2 of these resin Feihus in black, about 5 bux each and lightning fast delivery. I like them just as much as the POM model.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Slingshot-Catapult-Hunting-Powerful-with-flat-Rubber-Band-Outdoor-Pocket-Shooting-Game-Resin-SlingShots/32847879948.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.7e894c4dpsmKOa

Reactions: BushpotChef

·
Registered
443 Posts
Google translates feihu as flying tiger.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts