Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

Has any one noticed that the way Mr Deng Feihu shoots his slingshot?

He doesn't appear to draw the rubber flat band over the top of the forks. Is this the way most shooters who use these types of "peg head forks" slingshot, shoot?

Any advice / insight would be much appreciated, Thanks.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Actually the peg head with OTT style is invented only 7 or 8 years ago in China.
Before that, we chinese shooters all shoot peg head with same style as Mr. Deng feihu. He is the master who insists this style until now.

Before we learned from western about OTT, there were mainly two styles of slingshot. One is bended from Iron or steel rod,as we see it is typical chinese traditional fork.
Another is from natural fork of the tree, we shoot it with style in your video.

One word, peg head styled with OTT is the typical communication example/result between china and western shooters.

BTW, Dankung in chinese generally means slingshot or catapult, not only slingshot bended from steel rod in the mind of western shooters.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Against the ties maybe? Hard to see for sure.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Anyone have a good photo of how the bands are attached if not OTT?
I have set up tubes per this photo, and they shoot well.
attachicon.gif
1632sOnSteel.jpg
I have collected some videos about him and his slingshot. Very soon I will upload it to YouTube. Then I will post here again.
It seems he tie the fork end more tight than yours.

Sent from my EML-L29 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
I have found that shooting a peg head slingshot with OTT flat bands does not seem to yield a smooth transition of the bands over the pegs after the pouch has been released. I feel a a certain amount of band-induced erratic motion of the frame after the release, probably linked to the irregular way in which the bands cross the pegs - unlike slingshot frames with a flat upper surface of the fork limbs intended for flat bands, where the motion after the release is far more linear.

In fact, I am wondering whether this variable may affect accuracy of peg head slingshots with flat bands to some extent - even if the release and stance are correct. I would therefore assume that the peg heads are possibly better suited for tubes for optimum results.

Any thoughts on that observation?

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
I enjoy peghead frames and find that some shoot quite well. The popular Lion Mouth peghead is one of my most accurate shooters. I don't do as well with the narrow Feihu but the 2018 World Slingshot champ took the title with one using Pink Sumeike flatbands.

I currently have 5 different peghead frames. The peghead looks a bit different when at full draw with flats but I don't think this harms accuracy. The bands do the same stretch around the forks for every shot. I think the way the frame is held will have more affect on accuracy. The Lion Mouth can be held with a comfortable full web contact, allows for a straight wrist hold, and has low forks that are easy on the wrist.

If I had a better camera, it would be interesting to video the band movement on various peghead frames and compare to straight tops such as found on flat frames.

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.