Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
1,414 Posts
I would have dismissed felt as being too weak, on account of tensile strength; but my knowledge of textiles is very poor!
How'd it work out for ya mate?

·
Premium Member
3,427 Posts
I would have dismissed felt as being too weak, on account of tensile strength; but my knowledge of textiles is very poor!
There's craft felt and there's traditional felt. If you can make a hat out of it that a man will wear day in and out for 20 years, then it's got some strength to it.

·
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
1,414 Posts
There's craft felt and there's traditional felt. If you can make a hat out of it that a man will wear day in and out for 20 years, then it's got some strength to it.
[/quote]

Cool!

·
"Southern Flip Style"
2,638 Posts
Interesting!!!!

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
Felt is a vey under estimated material, it has been used for everything from hats to boots, from blankets to tent walls. The problem would be tracking down felt that would be suitable.

·
Resigned
5,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
what kind of felt is that?
my wife wet felts and needle felts out of wool and the stuff does get strong.
It is a backing felt. If say the same felt as a Stetson hat is made of it might could be steam shaped so that a permanet pocket is formed. I would like to aquire a square foot of it and attempt to shape it so that it cups the ammo. Very light fast and strong.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.