Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After making the standard ferret hunter with nonstandard materials, I fell in love with the design as a all in one carry option in such a small package. It is my favorite rabbit setup, however, the bands that I keep on the standard FH don't lend themselves very well to plinking and mid range target shooting(35 to 50ft). So I too the opportunity to redesign it(sorry not sorry Bill) so i could use 1842 and 1745 tube in a OTT configuration. I started with the normal template and widened the fork gap to 60mm while shortening the forks to 15mm each. doing so provides me with a much larger fork gap for snap shooting and quick draws. i then went to the wood pile and selected a nice piece of red cedar and cherry wood. I glued these to some 1/4 inch baltic brick plywood using titebond 2 and a generous amount of clamps.
Wood Rectangle Wood stain Hardwood Flooring
Brown Wood Rectangle Wood stain Hardwood

Wood Thigh Flooring Natural material Hardwood

after tracing on the template I started to cut. then I took a picture.
Brown Wood Rectangle Tints and shades Hardwood

rough rasping done
Brown Wood Font Artifact Metal

Brown Natural material Wood Artifact Hardwood

final product after sanding and 3 coats of Boiled Linseed Oil with 600 grit sanding in between. I also added 1/8 brass pins for style points and added strength.
I will be banding it up with 8inches of 1745 with a warrior navy seal pouch and shooting it right after I post this. Wish me luck. Wood Bicycle part Font Metal Fashion accessory
Wood Tree Art Plywood Tool
Wood String instrument accessory Font Metal Plywood
Wood Terrestrial plant Art Human leg Hardwood

Attachments

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Reactions: Tag

·
Premium Member
4,054 Posts
Really nice work!

And Dude/s, one of the reasons I posted stuff in the templates section in the first place was so that people could build and modify to their own tastes... that's the reason I posted in simple drawings and not in CAD type images... it helps to "unconfine" your brain, or as some would say "think outside the box"

·
Premium Member
3,183 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts