Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,971 Posts
Here's another go at an ergo pickle fork with a pinkie wrinkle. It's a nice piece of Live Oak from my yard.I picked up a few pointers from "you people" on the finish and whatnot.
I used walnut oil and some McMagic cue shaft slicking papers for the final rub down.
I love "you people!"
Tire Leg Wood Musical instrument Musical instrument accessory Wood Electric blue Wood stain Hardwood Font
Hand Wood Plant Hardwood Fashion accessory Wood Artifact Table Nail Musical instrument
Sleeve Wood Wood stain Natural material Rectangle Musical instrument accessory Wood Nail String instrument accessory Hardwood
Textile Wood Electric blue Linens Pattern

Thanks for lookin',

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeppers. It fits just so.
Jake, this finish is so sweet I am making my wife jealous with it. It shoots good too. Just destroyed a floating can.
I taped his mouth with duck tape so the neighbors wouldn't hear him scream!

·
Shooter
688 Posts
ive said it before , and ill say it again ... PICKLE FORKS FTW !!!! (nice job)

·
Premium Member
1,186 Posts
Cap...nice little fork. Very nice workmanship and the finish looks great. I will have to try walnut oil

·
Premium Member
1,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks y'all! It was easy with my new Wittlin' Jack. I hit it with some 400 then lightly with the McMagic cue papers, oiled it, let it dry, then into the 7500 grit for the final burnishing.
All by hand. Best finish I've ever done. It really feels like my cue shaft it's that smooth. I'm not a woodworker, but has anyone else ever used cue shaft papers to finish a slingshot??
It's ridiculous! I can't stop touching it. My sling-a-ling, my sling-a-ling, I can't stop touchin' my sling-a-ling. And it's got Tex bands and a SS Super Pouch.

·
Premium Member
1,186 Posts
Cap- can't stop touching your sling-a-ling??? are you sure that is what you are talking about???

7500 Grit???

·
Premium Member
1,186 Posts
Het Natty...thanks for pointing that out...I thought the highest was P 2500. Now I understand what the Cap is using...

·
Premium Member
3,686 Posts
Nice capn, a dinky for the pinky and the can will go sinky. Must be nice having a pool out back. I bet it is the graveyard of many a shipwreck, er, canwreck. 7500 grit, that is one smooth finish. And the live oak grain is beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

·
Premium Member
1,971 Posts
Nice capn, a dinky for the pinky and the can will go sinky. Must be nice having a pool out back. I bet it is the graveyard of many a shipwreck, er, canwreck. 7500 grit, that is one smooth finish. And the live oak grain is beautiful. Thanks for sharing.
I am always referring to it as "Davey Jones locker." And "down she goes." I don't even think about it.

lbspd says he has finer grit paper even still. I don't know how much need there is for a super fine finish, but I'll bet what he's talking could render the look of polished glass.
Gotta find a Harbor Freight!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts