Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Premium Member
1,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been working out this design for the last couple of weeks and I think I have it the way I want it now.
I start with a one inch maple board.The idea was to make a design that when I picked up the slingshot my hand would always go to the same position. I borrowed ideas from alot of people. Ergo from Flatband,the forks forward of the handle from Torsten,the fat shoulders from Flipinout,the bands around the outside of the fork from Bil Hayes, the single slot attachment for the bands from Texshooter,the tubes for attaching the bands to the pouch from hawk in England, the shoulder for the middle finger on the back side was inspired by Jaybird he had his in front. Notice in the last picture the tubes allow the bands to stretch thru the tubes to the pouch, there is no pinch point where the bands are tied.
I use the latex (1 inch to 3/4) from Texshooter and Rays light weight pouches and the pepsi cans just don't stand a chance.

Attachments

· Premium Member
4,776 Posts
Really nice!!!

· Registered
2,270 Posts
I love it, I know I have missed something along the way here, so could you please elaborate to how the bands are being attached to forks and pouch, that seems I simple but effective method, I would like to know more lol... is it very secure?

· Premium Member
1,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sorry guys all the maple in the new design have been spoken for. Ben if you study the pictures you can pretty much tell how I put it all together. It is very secure I have even figured out how to use doubles. I will post a picture of that setup as soon as I can. Thanks everybody for the kind words. I guess i need to find another 1 inch maple board and make a few more.

· Registered
2,270 Posts
The fork end seems pretty self explained, is that a bit of tube that prevents the band slipping?, I'm interested in the pouch end, seems a good idea, will give longer band life I assume....? I'm on my phone so pics are a bit small,sorry
Ben

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.