Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
28 Posts
SJAaz, I'm interested in how your pulling the arrow. I guess another question is how do you shoot the arrow? I can't really tell from the pictures. One thing I can see though, is your bowreels. I 've got many hours on them until I finally converted over to a Zebco 808 and 75 pound test line. I'm an old archer of about 50 years shooting com. and hunting whatever was legal in my state. I'm just recently sling shooting , I love making my own stuff. Made one of the long arm braced slings with swivel head on it . Will be trying arrows with that thing.So far I just been reading and watching on this forum and I'm really happy. It took about two weeks for things to start sinking in , and away we go.

· Registered
28 Posts
SJAaz, I've done a lot of bow fishing. Two tips I would give you. One is get a pair of polarized sun glasses,and wear them . You will be surprised how much better you can see "in the water". tip no. 2 when you see a fish to shoot at,aim underneath the fish, reason being , the water refraction makes them look higher than they are. The only time I would change this is,if they are right on top of the water and finning in the sun. Then shoot at what you see. On average I'd guess maybe say 6 inches lower. If you miss a lot,play with how much room you give them. Once you catch on , you hit 90% of the time after that.It's fun. I have a lot of carp and buffalo here. They'll run from 5 to forty five pounds all day , every day. I shoot all summer . I smoke them but, you can only eat just so much smoked fish,then I give them them to the animal grinders. By law , I can't leave them lay. They are a bleeding stinking mess. I've seen your canals , and years ago I fished them with a guy I knew in Nebraska. All were concrete .

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.