Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally broke my first target.

Now I have 1 3/4" (4.5cm) target.
And my 3rd shot was a hit with new bands. I am digging this improved accuracy lately.

Using 5/16" steel and 5/8" straight cut .55mm GZK on my Alabama Hackberry natty.

Then I shot the broke target in the mouth. I immediately packed it in and wnjoyed the high.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
Finally broke my first target.

Now I have 1 3/4" (4.5cm) target.
And my 3rd shot was a hit with new bands. I am digging this improved accuracy lately.

Using 5/16" steel and 5/8" straight cut .55mm GZK on my Alabama Hackberry natty.

Then I shot the broke target in the mouth. I immediately packed it in and wnjoyed the high.
What's your opinion of gzk 0.55? Would it be good for 3/8 steel, with a 3/4 butterfly draw?

·
Premium Member
3,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Skropi, I do believe it would be. I love it...I have a very short draw and I compensate by using close 4.25 elongation and slightly smaller ammo to increase my speed.

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
Skropi, I do believe it would be. I love it...I have a very short draw and I compensate by using close 4.25 elongation and slightly smaller ammo to increase my speed.
I thought so, as I use too little rubber with gzk 0.66, just 12.5/10mm taper, so 0.55 should be fine with a 15/10.
By the way, why dont you use a 4.5-4.7 elongation? You will get a more efficient speed this way!

·
Premium Member
3,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I use it with tabs...and I find a this speed to be perfect for me. But I may give 4.75 a go and see if I like it.

But within a small error of margin I get my bands too soft to hit or too hard to draw... wear and tear on my hannds leads to less shooting.

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
I use it with tabs...and I find a this speed to be perfect for me. But I may give 4.75 a go and see if I like it.

But within a small error of margin I get my bands too soft to hit or too hard to draw... wear and tear on my hannds leads to less shooting.
I dont like heavy draw bands either, as they are not needed for target work. If you try a 4.75 elongation, just use much less latex, so as to keep the draw weight you currently shoot. This setup should shoot faster in theory.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.