Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here it is, just needs a another rub down with higher grit paper and a couple finishing coats of whatever but I couldn't wait to try it out. The original plan was to set it up for looped tubes but since my Torque will probably only ever wear them it seemed right to make this a designated flat band frame. If anyone would like the template I can try posting a picture of the piece of paper I cut out and then traced an outline of onto the wood.

My phone is being a real piece right now so here's a link to the pictures

·
Registered
198 Posts
Looks like you did a great job! Feels good to get that first one made and shot. I could not wait to finish mine either. I shot it then a few days later took the bands off and did the finish work. I like the design good job.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys. Would you believe not only that it's been about fifteen years since I've done any woodworking, but the only tools used were a sawzall to cut the general shape and a die grinder bit chucked up in a drill press for contouring? Then a good amount of sandpaper and elbow grease. Not the first time I've had the creativity bug bite hard enough to prompt some next level improvisation if you can't tell, and couple that that with the kids being out of house for the night and there's no telling what will happen. Guess now I've got a good reason to buy a scroll saw!

·
Grandpa Pete
1,419 Posts
It looks really nice. Good job. One suggestion: I put a drum sander in my drill press and it does a wonderful job of shaping and finishing.

GP

1 - 10 of 10 Posts