Slingshots Forum banner
  • Enter Our Dog Days of Summer BBQ Giveaway Now!  ENDING SOON

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
im a newbie. been struggling with ott. i can get decent enough accuracy with ttf but only with a narrow fork gap (42mm at the moment[wasp wolf]) on target or within 1inch, recently mostly half a inch if not exact. ill have to order some 0.6 next and practice with 8mm. only started with 10/11mm from watching wayne martin "cattyshack" on youtube. probably a bit overkill as im mostly hunting pigeon at short range at around 15m right down to 5m sometimes. cutting a 20/15 with gzk 0.80 lost a lot of power!, dont know why, back to 23/18 taper.

·
Registered
8 Posts
my wasp "stinger" arrived and for some reason im really good with ott now! with the stinger anyway. i changed to 25/20 but 23/18 seems enough for the gzk black anti-cold .80 has very heavy draw!
what thickness would you recommend for 8mm steel in cold conditions? at the moment its hovering around 10°c (England).
catapult carnage recommends up to 0.72. im thinking of ordering some 0.65 Sumeike or 0.70???? (with 20/15 taper).
he said there is more consistant accuracy with a lighter draw, want to practice with 8mm now!????

·
Registered
8 Posts
My first 8mm hunt. Setup was: Sheshou .80, 25/20 taper. Around 28 yards, I dont think I could repeat this shot. It was a head shot. I've read you can eat coot, so I've saved the breast in my freezer. I assumed I'd miss, but I got a head shot.
I thought .80 would be no good for 8mm. Though it was a bit cold 2-3°c.
I've noticed shooting tin cans 8mm vs 10mm and the 8mm goes straight through, usually through both sides, were as 10mm can pierce one side, it mostly puts a huge dent into it at 10-12 yards.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.