Slingshots Forum banner
  • Enter Our Dog Days of Summer BBQ Giveaway Now!  ENDING SOON

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
My first 8mm hunt. Setup was: Sheshou .80, 25/20 taper. Around 28 yards, I dont think I could repeat this shot. It was a head shot. I've read you can eat coot, so I've saved the breast in my freezer. I assumed I'd miss, but I got a head shot.
I thought .80 would be no good for 8mm. Though it was a bit cold 2-3°c.
I've noticed shooting tin cans 8mm vs 10mm and the 8mm goes straight through, usually through both sides, were as 10mm can pierce one side, it mostly puts a huge dent into it at 10-12 yards.

Attachments

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
My first 8mm hunt. Setup was: Sheshou .80, 25/20 taper. Around 28 yards, I dont think I could repeat this shot. It was a head shot. I've read you can eat coot, so I've saved the breast in my freezer. I assumed I'd miss, but I got a head shot.
I thought .80 would be no good for 8mm. Though it was a bit cold 2-3°c.
I've noticed shooting tin cans 8mm vs 10mm and the 8mm goes straight through, usually through both sides, were as 10mm can pierce one side, it mostly puts a huge dent into it at 10-12 yards.
Thats good mate and you would want to hope you can repeat the shot! After all, most clean kills are headshots.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.