Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
48932541_10217345103563702_7332437789151

I have two traditional Dankung bent metal slingshots: a large (14 Cm) 304 Stainless Dancing Dankung, and a giant (16 Cm) titanium Dankung, both ergonomic. Neither of these have sighting notches, or band guides, just smooth loops as is tradition..

I love the titainium for what it is, but the Dancing Dankung feels better. I shoot one or the other every time I go out.

BTW, I usually take three different slingshots with me out to shoot: An English target slingshot (usually my PPSG, or the Pigeon Popper) A Dankung, and a PFS, or something else tiny.

I don't know about you guys, but my performance with the Dankungs has been traditionally unimpressive. They're fun, and if the smallest thing I'm aiming for is a paper plate, then they do just fine. Maybe hit a can at 20 meters every tenth shot...blah.

Give me my PPSG and I'll show you how well I can shoot (Notice I'm not saying what that means). Give me the Dankung and, well, nobody is going to be impressed, especially me.

I've always used 2040 latex, cut short for a good hard pull.

That is until today. Today I discovered 1632 tubes!

Forget power, accuracy first. Duh!

Sometimes I wonder how I can beat my head against an immovable object for centuries trying the same thing over and over, like a monkey. Then it hit me:

"Hey Dumb Bunny! stop trying to pull a horse. Try light tubes for once, and make them long enough that they have minimal resistance. That way you can concentrate on accuracy. Think about power later.

It's better to hit what you're shooting at rather that obsessing about pulling power enough to pierce a brick wall.

Duh

Now the Chinese slingshots really are fun.

·
Super Moderator
6,192 Posts
I have and X6 / X6 POM / Tibetan Antelope / Luck Rings - I really like the 'bent-rod' style frames. The X6 POM and Tibetan Antelope are hands-down may favourites of the bunch - I do like band guides though.

I find them to be insanely accurate - and also will shoot BB's right up to full double-looped 1745 on the Antelope. It does however work very well with 1842 (1/3) pseudo and 3/8 steel.

·
Amateur
2,576 Posts
1632 is where it's at! Such a versatile tube! Oh yeah, I love my dankung too!

Reactions: Tag

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
I also like single 2040's, more than looped 1632's, as I find them smoother and easier to pull. Only drawback is that they are slower than the 1632's, but I don't mind, as I only target shoot. For hunting I prefer 3/4 butterfly anyway, as accuracy is not so critical (I do make sure that I shoot enough ft/lbs, that wherever I hit, my prey will just die)

·
Registered
443 Posts
Sometimes I like to cut the tubes for 500% elongation when drawn back above my shoulder. Then draw to my cheek for plinking, and if I want to add some stank to the shot I can draw it to my shoulder.

·
Registered
4,105 Posts
That's a SICK rainbow wrap

Sent from my SM-T280 using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts