Slingshots Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well Ive just finished my 1st cut catapult, how about this bad boy, the lad im given it to is a strong lad so should suit him, i tried it out this morning and im going to make myself one now, hope you like it jeff,

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Very nice!

I have two small issues.

First, I recommend the rubber strip method for the fork attachment. Just cut out a small (4-5mm wide, 10-15 cm long) band of Thera Gold, then wrap it around tightly. This is shown in this video:

This attachment is super strong, easy and can be untied in just a second-

Second suggestion: Use the constriction knot for the pouch attachment. It looks like you are not yet doing that (but I may be mistaken). The constriction knot is the ideal one for the purpose, I can not recommend it enough.

You can learn how to tie it here:

Thanks, Geko, for these great videos.

Jörg

·
Premium Member
2,177 Posts
Very nice!

I have two small issues.

First, I recommend the rubber strip method for the fork attachment. Just cut out a small (4-5mm wide, 10-15 cm long) band of Thera Gold, then wrap it around tightly. This is shown in this video:

http://www.youtube.c...feature=channel

Second suggestion: Use the constriction knot for the pouch attachment. It looks like you are not yet doing that (but I may be mistaken). The constriction knot is the ideal one for the purpose, I can not recommend it enough.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=vBpJXNfpo5g

Jörg
Thanks for the advice, i wasnt too fussy putting the band on cos the lad is going to order a couple of bands of Fish, i think, they are a few old ones i had, but will take the advice for when i put mine on, ive been shootong catapult for a good few years, but never been on a slingshot forum, and have been suprised by all the bad habets i have picked up, i seen your video on you tube and enjoyed it so joined the forum, cheers again jeff

just watched the knot video , i know that one i learnt it in the scots 45 year ago ha ha

·
Registered
56 Posts
I like it what is that inlay you have in it ...pewter? where did you find it. i have seen several people use those and i would like to get some for my slingshots.
anyway good job i really like your design I am partial to short squat cattys

·
Premium Member
2,177 Posts
Ha Ha its 9k gold, its a old earing, but you can get the pewter badges on ebay, i sometimes put them in the natural branch one i make, they are easy to put on, i cut a little hole in the wood, and inbed the clasp into it and glue it, jeff

·
Registered
241 Posts
Very nice!

I have two small issues.

Jörg
this is the way............
I use the knots in all my slingshots

·
Resigned
1,152 Posts
I love that catty.....looks like it would ride in your pocket all day until called upon to invite something unfortunate to be the guest of honor at dinner. I may try to duplicate it when I get the chance.

·
Premium Member
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for replys, tried it out yesterday, shoots nice, bands are a bit strong for me, i am a better shot with lighter elastic on, but the catapult has been sent away to a friend, will be just fine for him, thanks jeff

·
Brotherhood Of The Slingshot Nutz
2,153 Posts
Great poacher there Chief!

·
Brotherhood Of The Slingshot Nutz
2,153 Posts
Cheers in the 1st photo look at the swelling on the hand, thats what you get if you put a 1in steel ball in a little slingshot, ha ha jeff
[/quote]
Oh man Chief! Do you find yourself flinching sometimes when you shoot now? That looks like it could have broken a bone! I always wear a glove when I shoot, but probably most people find it bothersome. I also always wear safety glasses.

·
Premium Member
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Cheers in the 1st photo look at the swelling on the hand, thats what you get if you put a 1in steel ball in a little slingshot, ha ha jeff
[/quote]
Oh man Chief! Do you find yourself flinching sometimes when you shoot now? That looks like it could have broken a bone! I always wear a glove when I shoot, but probably most people find it bothersome. I also always wear safety glasses.
[/quote]

Been out hunting today was ok just a bit soar, i dont ware a glove but i dont always act like a prat and put cannon ball in a little slingshot, i only ware glasses when plinking, had a few close shaves when hit a fence post, one was when i was driving down the farm road and missed a pheasant sat on a post, i shot sat in the van out of the window and it came back and put a dent in the window frame, jeff

1 - 18 of 18 Posts