Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
4,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got all of these finished,whew! first is a H.O.D.A.D. type copy of dogcatcheritso's Beast,the wood is either peach or beech [the guy I got them from had a speech impediment] carved,sanded to 220,and soaked 24 hours in BLO,made it really dark but the grain and patterning are way prettier than my camera can capture,second was a PFS out of 3/4 inch Maple,again a pattern copy[size wise] from ironmanknives,very pretty grains,again crappy camera,i left some of the dings in it for texture,this wood was given to me by a former boss who hated me until he found out I worked with wood [made him a slingshot before he retired],and the last one is a slightly smallerized version of my Kestrel in wood,birch plywood[cabinet grade],now I just have to band them up and shoot them :) thanks for looking

Attachments

·
Registered
4,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The natural fork looks great. It already looks well worn because of the varing color differences in the stain. Let me know how she sho
Thank you,right now I have some underpowered grey bands on it,because they were already made up,but hits dead on at 33 ft.will try again when I get some SS blacks

·
Registered
662 Posts
I can't wait to see your HODAD all banded up. Bringing a tear to my eye didn't think I would get someone to pay homage to one of my frames. Deeply moved over here buddy. All I ask is you put that dope design on it. I may have to get some ply out and pay homage back on your board cut mini frame there.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Read Only
0 Posts
I can't wait to see your HODAD all banded up. Bringing a tear to my eye didn't think I would get someone to pay homage to one of my frames. Deeply moved over here buddy. All I ask is you put that dope design on it. I may have to get some ply out and pay homage back on your board cut mini frame there.
ya bro do the half frame it's cool and very pocketable

·
Registered
662 Posts
I may have to add a pinky hole to get it to fit properly in these meaty paws.

You'd be surprised. That design is one of my favourite EDC's and I have big hands. Its definitely one to have in the collection.
Definitely going to give it a shot now. Got three forks in front of this one. Going to have to work my way through the line.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts