Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

as announced, made my version of the "Gloveshot" today, as always from stainless steel.

I had to change the kid's original design a bit to allow strong bands.

I have to say that I am really pleased with the result! Absolutely exciting is the the totally relaxed fingers. As you can see in the third pic, you don't even have to close your fist. Smitty, I think you will simply love this design.

Of course, without the hand brace, this would not work at all, the grip would rotate in your hand even when you use very light bands. But this works with really heavy bands, it is true, the forearm muscles are way more powerful when the fist is horizontal.

I think the fork could be a bit lower, will do some high speed video tomorrow to verify.

Other than that, so far I think it is pretty much perfect!

Video will follow on Sunday.

Regards

Jörg

·
Banned
913 Posts
The Knuckleduster! Interesting design. I wonder if it's more efficient to use than a conventional design. I would want a shroud of some kind to keep it from being a knucklebuster, however.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
It is really not dangerous for the hand, the fork is quite high. Lots of reserve.

And it IS more efficient tham a normal slingshot, because the wrist is much more stable and the fingers are totally relaxed.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sure... just put the rollers on the fork ends, add two forward extended rods and there you go.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Too early to say, I need to spend more time shooting it and also test it with all kinds of ammo + bands.

·
Banned
913 Posts
I'll anxioulsy await the prototype...again I think you are on to the goods...this really looks like a winner too. mate that with the compound and wow! The fist design really mates well with the W concept...seemingly more compact too...and MORE efficient?

·
Banned
913 Posts
I guess we'll have to call it the "U," this thing is too cool. Whatever you do for a living, I hope someday you quit and we could go into business! Hey, I can dream!

·
Super Moderator
6,637 Posts
Well done Joerg! I also liked " of course made from Stainless Steel"!!!!!
Flatband

·
Banned
73 Posts
Nice work as always.

I didn't really spend much time watching the video of the little boy that was posted but now I'm interest in the possible variations of this design.

Slightly extended forks?

Rotating handle for the perfect follow through?

Switchblades?

·
Brotherhood Of The Slingshot Nutz
2,153 Posts
Wow! That is amazing that you can keep your fingers relaxed while pulling the slingshot! I'm gonna sleep in on Sunday so that when I wake up the video will already be posted on your U-Tube Channel.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
name='Frodo' date='10 January 2010 - 10:42 AM' timestamp='1263116523' post='1516']
isn't this catapult illegal (in germany) because of the hand brace?
No, it is legal. The law does not ban braces in general, just any "arm support" device is illegal. So any kind of barce that supports the wrist is a no-no. But a brace that does not even touch the arm is not illegal. The shooter still has to control the wrist with nothing but his personal strength, the fact that this slingshot allows him to use his muscles more effectively does not make the brace a support.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.