Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Member, Brotherhood of Slingshot Nutz
11,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whew! My hands are sore after wrestling with this one.

As I said in my original post about it, this had a few cracks and flaws, but it is might strong so there's no worries. Trying to carve around some of the flaws, however, kinda guided the outcome a little.

A flaw in one of the fork tips made it necessary to keep the horns thick. I had to do a bit of repair work with wood and epoxy.

Still got a nice shape.

Carved away a lot of the handle to get away from a massive crack, filled what little was left with sawdust and super glue.

It's finished with just a few coats of linseed oil. I'm going to add some beeswax later. I just had to shoot with it first. It is banded with tapered .04 latex here. Very powerful. 2.5 inches between forktips makes it nice to aim with.

Hope you like it. My hands are killing me right now.

·
Premium Member
8,097 Posts
That's fantastic! You can really draw out a great shape when you have that much wood to start with.

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
Awww you turnded it into such a cute little thing.....

Great job DH...

·
Super Moderator
10,991 Posts
What a LOT of hard work! But it turned out really well. Congratulations on your perserverence and vision.

Cheers ....... Charles

·
Member, Brotherhood of Slingshot Nutz
11,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks everyone. I am tired but happy. Your encouragement is important to me. I have already promised this one to a fellow in the UK.

I hope he likes it.

·
Over 9001 Warning Points!
2,089 Posts
I really like the 'chunky elegance' of that fork! that piece of wood had a lot to hide, huh? great work, DH.

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
Great job! Looks fantastic... and we need more blokes like you where i work! Great timber repair/ restoring skills in action there..respect!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts