Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there!!

This weekend I had a bit of social activities (parties, celebrations and stuf), so I could not work a lot in my wood projects, but could not stay without doing anything, so, I began to play around with my dremel tool ... and some fire... and from there I got two pieces, one of them, I just tried to emulate the finish Boker knives (what a great knives!!) . what they call "Jigged bone" (not just boker, also case, canal street cutlery, and so many incredible brands out there on the market)

so,I left here for your consideration two new wood works.
(in fact there is a third one, but I reserve it for another post ... soon)

rosa morada wood
dremel and fire
(God!, That was fun AND dangerous too!!)

thanks for watching

I hope you have a great day

Attachments

·
"Southern Flip Style"
2,647 Posts
Is that a bone overlay? It turned out really nice even if it's a different material.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
bone overlay??...

no, I have not yet reached that level of expertise yet, it takes a lot of time, I´ve tried to make theose bone inserts, but gave up to soon, but now that you mention, I think we will give a new chance to the process ..

there is no bone overlay... its only wood carved with dremel tool

·
Registered
803 Posts
Different=AND REALLY NICE=

Hello there!!

This weekend I had a bit of social activities (parties, celebrations and stuf), so I could not work a lot in my wood projects, but could not stay without doing anything, so, I began to play around with my dremel tool ... and some fire... and from there I got two pieces, one of them, I just tried to emulate the finish Boker knives (what a great knives!!) . what they call "Jigged bone" (not just boker, also case, canal street cutlery, and so many incredible brands out there on the market)

so,I left here for your consideration two new wood works.
(in fact there is a third one, but I reserve it for another post ... soon)

rosa morada wood
dremel and fire
(God!, That was fun AND dangerous too!!)

thanks for watching

I hope you have a great day

·
Registered
88 Posts
Man thats sharp. Ive not seen a slingshot like that and I like it.

·
Super Moderator
6,635 Posts
Really excellent work Josh! You are now playing with fire! ( I just couldn't resist!) Flatband

·
Registered
350 Posts
thank you all guys!!

really is very pleasant to know that I am not the only "FORK-FREAK" in this world (lol)
(but then I met Don Chepo, in fact led me to the dark side of the fork
)

i know that my lil'toys are not te coolest forks... but i like'em a lot (just as much as the COUGAR MODEL from mr Joergsprave... he is the man!) (I really want one of those cougars-precious-ones)

making the fork, showing the fork and shot whit them is one of the coolest things to do.

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
Aaaaa canijo Escuincle!

Y no te dieron ñañaras de que se agrietara la horqueta?
jajaja!

Little Bad boy!

He did not give fear you that cracked the fork? Congratulations, you had left very well that work

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
beautiful work, really adds to a already nice fork.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Aaaaa canijo Escuincle!

Y no te dieron ñañaras de que se agrietara la horqueta?
jajaja!

Little Bad boy!

He did not give fear you that cracked the fork? Congratulations, you had left very well that work
Master Chepo!!!, now that you mention it, I worked initially with four forks, of whom only three survived, one, the first, cracked from head to tail, from there I learned that could not apply that amount of heat, but, as we say down here in the nasty México, "ECHANDO A PERDER SE APRENDE" (the only way to learn about someting is spoiling a bunch of things)

barely understood what you mentioned a year ago about the dangers of dry forks in the trunk of the car, my old friend Chepo ...especially in this latitudes.
(cracking a few forks in my trunk)

thank you all.

your comments are always welcome

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Quite good. I like the darkening from the fire, that it is like highlights that are dark. Hmmm, highlights that are dark.

its like ... a duality thing, as Gothic architecture .... very dark, but within that darkness stands a tribute to the light ... and at the same time, it is a bit rustic, like a barn wood.

we seem to be on the same wavelength

is difficult to translate a joke

1 - 19 of 19 Posts