Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What up everybody!

This is my first attempt at a 100 foot can shot using my frameless rig, 1632 tubes with a paracord sleeve, and shooting butterfly style. I hit a can on the 38th shot. You can forward to 11:29 to see the shot.

Last week I attempted an 86 footer and hit it too but I didn't get it on video. These are my first two attempts at distances beyond the magic 33.

This is my farthest so far! Never thought I can hit at these distances! I owe it to all you guys for the strong support, encouragement, and all of you who push the bar!

Thanks for watching! Happy sling'n!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Glad to see u finally hit it, not criticism, I watched few minutes in until I realized you weren't gonna have any interference in your shot process. So maybe you could give me a little insight, I thought I was inside, until the end, BY THE WAY THE WALK BACK, outside over the tape measure BRILLIANT. I noticed the day was not still, tree leaves, half the shot, target side was protected by close proximity homes. First off, how many fps u think it's traveling? I observe first signs you've taken a shot and I hear the shot hit, that's moving out. Second is how much above, that can do u aim? Would a strong brisk steady wind have to alloted for? What's next? A playing card? Cutting it in half? That can is small enough. Do YOU think you could actually see playing card edge?
Thanks man that was a kik ass idea walking back, with the tape measure in view. I counted your steps as you walked to the target beginning of the video. The end walk back verified it ENTIRELY. BE WAITIG ON the card cut. Thank you for your time

Sent from my Z982 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Glad to see u finally hit it, not criticism, I watched few minutes in until I realized you weren't gonna have any interference in your shot process. So maybe you could give me a little insight, I thought I was inside, until the end, BY THE WAY THE WALK BACK, outside over the tape measure BRILLIANT. I noticed the day was not still, tree leaves, half the shot, target side was protected by close proximity homes. First off, how many fps u think it's traveling? I observe first signs you've taken a shot and I hear the shot hit, that's moving out. Second is how much above, that can do u aim? Would a strong brisk steady wind have to alloted for? What's next? A playing card? Cutting it in half? That can is small enough. Do YOU think you could actually see playing card edge?
Thanks man that was a kik *** idea walking back, with the tape measure in view. I counted your steps as you walked to the target beginning of the video. The end walk back verified it ENTIRELY. BE WAITIG ON the card cut. Thank you for your time
Sent from my Z982 using Tapatalk
illerob666,
Thanks for checking it out! I'm not sure what my fps was because I don't have a chrono. I wish I did. It's a fairly light set up one big 32.5" loop of 1632 tubes with a paracord sleeve. I aimed approximately half an inch to the top right of my catch box. I thought I would have to lob it way higher than that. It took me 30 shots to finally dial in. Yah my next goal is to get a card cutting badge at 33ft. I can barely see the edge of a card at 33 ft. I think past 33 ft. I would just use whatever I'm using to hold the card as a reference and just estimate where that edge is.

My inspiration came from kalevala. Check out his videos! He does some insane distance card cuts! I'm trying to get even a drip of his level of his sniper skills! Thanks again!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts