Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After seeing all of the amazing slingshots you folks have made I'm slightly embarrassed to post my first humble attempt. It is made of oak and is my way to pay homage to a American classic the Wham O Sportsman. It was made entirely without power tools (for the simple reason I don't have any). It is slightly asymmetrical as you can see. I had planned on fixing that but once I held it it felt pretty good the way it was. I put on a set of Flatband's natural rubber bands and took it out and fired a few marbles and I have to say it shoots pretty good. Well here it is I guess you could say it's a throw back to a earlier time.

·
Super Moderator
6,606 Posts
Go Get Em Harp! Good job! The Classic Wham-o shape. Can't go wrong with a proven winner! Rig her up and let her fly Bud!
Flatband

·
Brotherhood Of The Slingshot Nutz
2,153 Posts
Good Job Harper ! I like it !

·
Member, Brotherhood of Slingshot Nutz
11,245 Posts
Nice job, Harp. I like that kind of slingshot, as flatband says, a proven winner. You did a good job with your hand tools, too. See, now you know: the only thing you need to spend money on is rubber in order to enjoy this sport (you can make pouches from old leather work gloves).
But you knew that, didn't you? (I saw the pics of your naturals).
Have fun with your new faux Whammo.

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
Thanks Guys, had a set of Flatband's bands already, took it out yesterday and she shoots pretty well. Want to try another one in a couple of days, takes a couple of days for my arm to recover from any kind of strain since my injury. Might try something more modern this time but then again I'm a old fashion kind of guy.

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Got a video up on youtube to show that it actually does shoot...sorry about the quality someday I'm going to have to get a better camera.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts