Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took a popular frame and scaled it down ... whole idea is by narrowing the overall width by about 5mm, was hoping it would change the location of my hold point. Helps some, but I'm still having to adjust my hold point more than I want to. It just seems like there's so much error that is introduced by having to adjust the hold point for every shot ... what I mean is that I start with index finger at corner of mouth, then bring it down a bit and then over to the right. I would love to just find a slingshot I can anchor to the corner of my mouth and be done with it, without having to make these adjustments ... but the more I get into this, seems thats the allure of it - have to get better at making these fine adjustments. Anyways, not a bad first effort - just used some hardwood scraps I had laying around - was a fun build. Have a feeling it won't be my last ...

9N0Zugk.jpg

D5bqDdh.jpg

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That's a great looking frame, nice work! As for aiming, be aware of your head position, if you are shooting high tilt your chin down a bit, if you are shooting low raise your chin a bit.
Really appreciate that tip ... yet another variable to be concerned with is head position - LOL. I actually never thought of that ... imagine would be a much easier way to adjust for high/low impact point than adjusting anchor point.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.