Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

· Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Plant Tree Wood Trunk Natural landscape
This is my first can cut attempt. You can’t see it from this angle but this is my catchbox. It’s made from 1x1” lumber I ripped from 2x4s. It has a thick mattress pad stapled all around the back and sides which catches the ammo. I might switch to the type of setup that has fabric draped down inside but I built it to put a few layers of cardboard over the front which has worked well so far.
Usps will deliver multiple cases of 20 boxes and we have a mail order candle business so we ordered a bunch of sizes and don’t really use this size so I built it to fit this size. It also works well to tape a paper target over the cardboard.
Anyway this is my first can cutting attempt and damn it’s taking a lot of shots lol but I probably only hit the can 60-70% of the time since my aim isn’t where it needs to be yet.

· Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Really nice setup. (y)

Nice bit of work on that can in the second pic! Took one hell of a beating and still managed to hang on. :LOL:
Yeah man haha it has a strong will to survive. Both the slingshots I was using ended up breaking bands so I will probably call it quits for the night and finish it off tomorrow 😀

· Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Dude 9.5 steel should be killing a can in 20 hits or less man
Well idk what to tell you. Assuming you are talking about empty, thick soup cans that are free hanging like the one I’m using the only explanation I can think of is I’m new and hit the can only maybe 60% of my shots if I’m lucky.

· Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Cutting the ole soup can eh?! That’s a heck of a way to start! Most of us shoot at soda cans but the soup can cuts are extra satisfying! Good shooting!
Haha thanks! Only took me about 3-400 shots:) In my defense I’m lucky if I hit the can but I definitely can’t pick a certain spot on the can and hit it consistently haha.

· Registered
4,345 Posts
Haha thanks! Only took me about 3-400 shots:) In my defense I’m lucky if I hit the can but I definitely can’t pick a certain spot on the can and hit it consistently haha.
That’ll come in good time brother. Wax on, wax off and all that good stuff! 👊

Oh and it takes me quite a few on those steel cans too. Heck sometimes it takes me quite a few on the aluminum ones lol

· Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
That’ll come in good time brother. Wax on, wax off and all that good stuff! 👊

Oh and it takes me quite a few on those steel cans too. Heck sometimes it takes me quite a few on the aluminum ones lol
Thanks man that’s good advice. What distance do you shoot at them from?

· Registered
4,345 Posts
Thanks man that’s good advice. What distance do you shoot at them from?
90% of the time the standard 10 meters, but I’m fortunate enough to live on an acre of fairly flat desert property, so I have soup cans filled with pebbles out at 20m and 30m too. I’m always looking for new things that make noise as sometimes that’s the only indicator I have of a hit. Plus the audio feedback is really satisfying. I’m just a plinker though. No hunting for me unless I needed to eat it. So those long distance hits probably wouldn’t be kill shots. Just can rattlers. 🙂

1 - 20 of 31 Posts