Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

Was bored today so I figured I'd try my hand at making a bow.. Sadly it snapped on me... But this is the way of these things.. Learned loads and can't wait to try again.

Cheers

Attachments

·
Registered
855 Posts
A great looking first attempt. If you check out some of the youtube vids of guys making them, they often break several before they get a good one. Like you said, it goes with the territory. Once you get one that holds up, you might want to consider doing a sinew backing. It adds a lot of strength. Three Rivers Archery has natural sinew for pretty reasonable prices.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yup!! Was gonna try and do it myself but the process of getting sinew is quite time consuming.. I'm also gonna make a gembok horn bow as well. Will keep ya'll updated.

·
Registered
47 Posts
If you haven't already, you should get yourself a copy of the Traditional Bowyer's Bible. Looks like your having fun though!

·
Resident Nutcase
132 Posts
Hi. Why not visit primitivearcher.com or archerytalk.com for tips and advice!

GLTY.
W.

A great looking first attempt. If you check out some of the youtube vids of guys making them, they often break several before they get a good one. Like you said, it goes with the territory. Once you get one that holds up, you might want to consider doing a sinew backing. It adds a lot of strength. Three Rivers Archery has natural sinew for pretty reasonable prices.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
that looks verry good, i have not tried this but my partner has and his looked nothing like yours(thats a compliment to you) keep going and you will eventualy make a fine bow.

·
Banned
1,015 Posts
I've tried this a time or to but what I come up with was rather weakmight have worked on small game but nothing more I have found a number of pages on the net on how to make a good bow but they are time consuming as well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts